• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Pip advice

grovehead1

Can anyone give me some advice regarding pip. I've filled my claim form out and sent it back and I've got my medical history printout to send. 

What else should I send along with it 

I suffer from anxiety and depression 

I have a problem with my spine as on of my vertebrae sticks out to one side and have big problems with that and I also suffer from menieres disease. 

Any advice would be appreciated thanks Lee 

PIP can be difficult, I haven't claimed it myself but know people who have genuine medical complaints and histories and they were declined it.

I would send them simply as much information as possible about why you can't or why you struggle to find work.

Everything and anything that might be remotely relevant and in your favour.

PIP is a nightmare. My wife receives PIP, but only after a quite long, arduous and entirely unnecessary legal battle. After applying she got invited to be examined by a DWP "professional", awarding her two points. Which of course was nonsense, she wouldn't have applied if only mildly impaired. 

Hence, tribunal. Which, after a lot of stressing, running around collecting medical evidence, statements and testimonies, we (of course) won, granting my wife 14 points. And this is far from a "exception to the rule" - over 75% of all assessments by the DWP are overturned by a tribunal through appeal directly after. Which is absolutely appealing and ridiculous. Three out of four decisions, three quarters of the decisions made by "medical professionals" outsourced by the NHS to private facilities are wrong, putting peoples lives at risk. 

The government, or the NHS, are deliberately and methodically trying to cheat disabled people. At a rate this bad, three out of four people being wrongfully awarded either nothing or too little, there's a system behind it. And "someone" had to put that system into place, with the intent of declining as many people as possible.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grovehead1 said:

So basically it's a fraud system my support worker said that they are declining a lot of claims the first time around. Sounds like it's a compete joke of a system. 

I'm glad your wife finally got sorted though mate @m4inbrain

Yeah they surely do mate. Just gotta be vigilant though, you do have a way through tribunals to get "justice". 

Just appalling that they put people through it. If you think you qualify for PIP, go for it - and don't be scared to appeal their assessment if necessary. Many people do, and most of them win.

24 minutes ago, grovehead1 said:

Oh I will mate. End of day I had to close my business down because a car fell on me and even my doctor said chances are ill never work again 

All the best bud, good luck. 

18 minutes ago, Fly In My Soup said:

That'll be the tories 👍

Probably, yeah.

Hi Grovehead 1, I get PIP and yes it is a nightmare to get. My wife found a Facebook group that you can ask questions and download forms etc that may help. Its called Disability and Benefits Support - Don't Go Alone.