• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi LMT Owners Thread

Jumper

2 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

Go for it, but they look like they will get ruined if you run on concrete or tarmac 

Only grass and dirt for mine. I tried it the first day on tarmac after two flips I was done. 

I don't want to unglue my wheels so I'd need a replacement set too... 

• Like 1

Joining this convo because I:

A. Want one

B. Want to know about the printed parts.

@.AJ. Do you know what plastic they’re made from... looks like ABS from the pics I have seen but could really be anything.
Do the stock axels have much flex in them as standard?

How much tolerance for moving parts is there?

• Like 1

PLA with 100% infill, whatever that means lol

The stocks axle cases are rubbish, they are just designed pretty poorly, too thin plastic, not enough fixings holding them together, they have released update ones that have seemed to address everything. The braces are designed so there’s still plenty of room to fit the driveshafts with out the bone ends catching 👍 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, .AJ. said:

PLA with 100% infill, whatever that means lol

The stocks axle cases are rubbish, they are just designed pretty poorly, too thin plastic, not enough fixings holding them together, they have released update ones that have seemed to address everything. The braces are designed so there’s still plenty of room to fit the driveshafts with out the bone ends catching 👍 

Thanks mate, PLA is a super easy to print with plastic, but it's also very stiff and tends to just snap, rather than flex, but given the use case, perhaps this is preferable?

I might talk to the guy at the weekend and see about getting the models so I can make them more widely available here in the UK ( I guess he isnt in the UK?)

• Like 1