• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tony's Build Log - Maverick Quantum MT Flux

Tony

I guess I should have known better that when I got my Kraton EXB last month, my son, who currently has the Mad Bull, would be jealous as he's not able to keep up with me.

And he had a proper moan! 😂 Especially with the 2WD on this Mad Bull.

Following from some research and also asking here, I narrowed down to the Maverick Quantum MT Flux which I have ordered today, along with 2 x Overlander Sport Track 4000mAh 3S 11.1v 50C LiPo batteries.

Bonus is that it comes with a wheelie bar so he will learn how to do some wheelie as well. 👍

I'll update this post when I get it with photos.

Anyone else here is also an owner of Maverick Quantum MT Flux?

Edited by Tony

3 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

watch out running 3s lipo, it will be wild, 2s might be more like it

I'm "future-proofing" it. Will stay with low speed and then tune it up when he learn how to handle it. 👍

• Thanks 1

Oh those "gold" shocks are pricey too so as soon as they bend (which will happen when you break your suspension arm :lol: ) it is probably worth looking at ones from another model, I imagine you could get stronger for cheaper!

• Thanks 1

Be interesting to see if yours is any different to tomr ones as that guy in the vid kept banging on about how they made changes but HPI are not known for updating things much and especially that not quick. So is that just a bit if smoke and mirrors to draw folks in ? Guess will soon find out 😂👍

• Confused 1

Meant more about the breaking arms etc there meant to be upgraded but as far as is can work out from Facebook etc nothing has changed at all ? I’m just wondering if this was more some YouTube story telling to pump up sales or the later models are indeed better. So like I say where soon find out when you use it or your kid does lol 

I did see Maverick now does upgraded parts but there optional extras so maybe that’s what he meant 🤷🏻‍♂️

After checking over & tightening the screws, I have decided to do two things:

1) We're forever losing the body clips on our Mad Bull & Absima Thunder Buggy, usually aft6er crashing or flipping upside down. After seeing the body clip retainers on my EXB, I decided to get it for this one! Ordered AR390178. :) 

2) Need to toughen up the body shell - it feels 'thin' to me, so will be using the plasterboard tape & Gorilla Glue like I did with my EXB. A job to do this weekend.

3) Steering wheel servo feels slow to me, so I may upgrade it in the future. The current servo is Maverick MS-09MGWR Servo which is 6.0V/9kg/Metal Geared with the speed of 0.25 secs. What is a good upgrade to this for this truck?

On 12/01/2021 at 20:21, Tony said:

1) We're forever losing the body clips on our Mad Bull & Absima Thunder Buggy, usually aft6er crashing or flipping upside down. After seeing the body clip retainers on my EXB, I decided to get it for this one! Ordered AR390178. :) 

Managed to find the time to do this work. Very simple, drill holes and fit. That's it! 

Looks good and we won't have to worry about losing the clips! 

IMG_20210123_193452.jpg

IMG_20210123_193519.jpg

On 12/01/2021 at 20:21, Tony said:

3) Steering wheel servo feels slow to me, so I may upgrade it in the future. The current servo is Maverick MS-09MGWR Servo which is 6.0V/9kg/Metal Geared with the speed of 0.25 secs. What is a good upgrade to this for this truck?

And a bump for this... 

I have the ET2072 version on my Kraton EXB, and it seems decent for me, so I might get the ET2070 in the future if it's needed. Just need to go for a proper run as it hasn't seen grass or field yet due to the lockdown! And see how my son deals with the current servo and see if we need to upgrade it or not.