• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hobao DC1 Owners

@Logie Traxxas TRX-4 GTS shocks have been suggested as suitable alternative or Element RC FT Enduro Shocks as another.

I finally have the lights fitted and working on mine now, the new rear lenses (and spare clear fronts) arrived yesterday.

Fitted main lights as most of you have, but went slightly different with the auxiliary lights

20210402_190835.thumb.jpg.f78fa0db40658666a7db8d079630fc5c.jpg

20210402_190922.thumb.jpg.e229a14f9bccbfc1456b1b3e36176522.jpg

20210402_190850.thumb.jpg.c1463ecce74b79e6bd69572a60f23f38.jpg

I've gone for more the 'Clhelsea Tractor' look instead of Outdoorsman.

They're not as bright as the roof mounted ones that @everclear1984 @Stormbringer and @Yrkoon are using but it gives me the look I was aiming for. They are switched on remotely from CH4 on the transmitter.

The orange front corner lights are in fact 3mm white ones that I coloured in with orange and red sharpies, as I hadn't got any and it was a last minute thought. It's supposed to look like the American always on indicators.

Hopefully over the weekend I'll be able to give it a proper run and try out the suspension changes

• Like 3

8 hours ago, MrPeaski said:

@Logie Traxxas TRX-4 GTS shocks have been suggested as suitable alternative or Element RC FT Enduro Shocks as another.

I finally have the lights fitted and working on mine now, the new rear lenses (and spare clear fronts) arrived yesterday.

Fitted main lights as most of you have, but went slightly different with the auxiliary lights

20210402_190835.thumb.jpg.f78fa0db40658666a7db8d079630fc5c.jpg

20210402_190922.thumb.jpg.e229a14f9bccbfc1456b1b3e36176522.jpg

20210402_190850.thumb.jpg.c1463ecce74b79e6bd69572a60f23f38.jpg

I've gone for more the 'Clhelsea Tractor' look instead of Outdoorsman.

They're not as bright as the roof mounted ones that @everclear1984 @Stormbringer and @Yrkoon are using but it gives me the look I was aiming for. They are switched on remotely from CH4 on the transmitter.

The orange front corner lights are in fact 3mm white ones that I coloured in with orange and red sharpies, as I hadn't got any and it was a last minute thought. It's supposed to look like the American always on indicators.

Hopefully over the weekend I'll be able to give it a proper run and try out the suspension changes

that looks awesome m8, loving the lights 🙂

• Like 1

hehe aye, oh that holmes motor dad put in his earlier is pretty sweet as is the servo, he put one of these bad boys in it and i use one on my kronos https://www.modelsport.co.uk/etronix-30-3kg-0-09s-standard-digital-servo-metal-gear-high-voltage-waterproof/rc-car-products/433049

so much faster and more responsive than the 20kg corally one i have in mine 🙂

• Like 1

Good vid and truck looks great in it :good:

I found my cheap tyres are actually better than the stock tyres as they are a softer compound over the originals plus the stock wheels even weighted are still lighter than the weighted bead locks but try them and see mate :cheers:

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, MrPeaski said:

I was just wondering as @Fly In My Soup did a video here https://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/forums/topic/246595-chinese-tyres-have-0-grip-%F0%9F%A4%A3/?tab=comments#comment-2550834 and said the grip was poor.

It was on a smooth piece of chipboard though!

Yeah they where a scale tyre... Compound to hard... 1.9

If you like crawling on smooth rocks, need a much softer compound 2.2's 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Fly In My Soup said:

Yeah they where a scale tyre... Compound to hard... 1.9

If you like crawling on smooth rocks, need a much softer compound 2.2's 

Cheers @Fly In My Soup Thanks for your input.

Out of pure curiosity I did a little test of my own. Smooth MFC board like yours but not quite as big, maybe about 3" longer than the truck but enough to test. The same Chinese 1.9 tyres went to 46 degrees, the stock Hobao tyres which are a bit wider went to 48 degrees.

In saying that It could all be down to the weight of the car playing a big part. I have no idea at the moment what mine weighs.

Good experiment though 👍

• Like 1

I haven't weighted the beadlocks (yet!) but they are a good bit heavier than the stock unweighted kit wheels. I only had a small amount of solder available to weight the wheels so I divided it into 4 pieces. I think I got about 12 full wraps on the (stock) wheel then put a bit of superglue on and then a wrap of electrical tape to make sure it doesn't move.

You can definitely feel they're heavier, but still not quite as heavy as the beadlocks.

I'll weight them later and post the difference

• Like 1

🤣

I could have got more on, I covered about 3/4 of the space in between the inner beads, but just simply didn't have enough to do them all fully. Your solder was probably a wider diameter.

Got the scales out (analogue kitchen!)

4 Alloy beadlocks with eBay tyres and supplied foams = 625g (156g each approx)

4 stock wheels with stock tyres and foams weighted with available solder = 550g (137g each approx)

The body only with all the details, interior and lights is 600g

DC-1 All up weight ready to run with a 5500mAh 2s hardcase LiPo =  3470g (beadlock wheels)

As above with weighted stock wheels/tyres = 3395g (weighted stock wheels)

Edited by MrPeaski
  • Like 1

Had them up the quarry for wee while today was fun :rofl:

Yrkoon trying something 

VyVoGpp.jpg

vlx4ZIo.jpg

16CC9BB.jpg

Some pics of area we were in today out the cold wind lol

oz5ckxP.jpg

PAQyxPy.jpg

1ZGuUon.jpg

SqFm4oo.jpg

uNE66kq.jpg

Was good fun tho :cheers:

• Like 3

Great pictures there guys.

At the mo, I'm just running around the wooded area around the playing field by the house, there's very little elevation, but can't wait to try something like this

• Like 2

Looking forward to taking mine out again, just waiting for shocks to arrive put in a 1080 HW, put on the wheels from my TRX4 looking forward ot see how it perofrms will some little upgrades

• Like 2

the quarry we sarted using again has some major work going on so we went to the forest that is near it and at some points even leads into it 🙂

LRCV5e5.jpg

FFsklN7.jpg

there was a awesome muddy bog/swamp bit, i got my dc1 stuck in it and dads wendigo was unable to push me free, i ended up grabbing a massive branch and pushed it while having throttle on and it worked, no pic of it coz we were to busy having fun lol 🙂

got a full set of alloy rods on back order on modelsport as some of mine are looking a bit worse for wear especially the steering one on the front, really immpressed with the pounding the dc1 is taking 😛

oh we had just got back to the car when my ancient 5000mah 2s battery decided to hit cut off after 1 hour 39 mins and over 3 kilometres for the trucks 🙂

Edited by Yrkoon
  • Like 2