• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hobao DC1 Owners

The postman bring me beadlocks wheels and new tires yesterday, today I put them together, I really like the wheels.

51009119496_34c958776d_k.jpg

51009119626_5dc6f93fc2_k.jpg

Edited by No brains
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, No brains said:

The postman bring me beadlocks wheels and new tires yesterday, today I put them together, I really like the wheels.

51009119496_34c958776d_k.jpg

51009119626_5dc6f93fc2_k.jpg

They look great! They suit the Hobao nicely.

• Like 1

Ohh we slackened of the mesh a touch and its a lot quieter now and not making the noise it was before but there does seem to be a high spot on the spur gear so meshed it at that point

What are you guys using for a main light kit? I've got a link to the lightbar from @everclear1984 build thread, but it's bewildering trying to find the right head and tail light combo.

I'll be using the extra channels on the transmitter to switch them on/off so have a couple of controllers bookmarked.

Nice bit of father son rivalry there @Stormbringer @Yrkoon

• Like 1

Were using these

1 set front

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=368699

and 2 sets rear

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=368698

roof bar

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/383404194174

We cut the plugs of and solder the sets wires up and put 1 plug back on so they can be plugged into receiver/controller 

hope that helps :cheers:

Edited by Stormbringer
  • Thanks 1

Today it was one of those days, one step forward en 3 steps back, thought I had almost a rolling chassis and I had only put the esc and reciever in and put the wheels on, when I tested the car without wheels I ran into 2 problems, the first one was that the rear and front axle rotate in the opposite way from each other so the front go forward and the rear goes backwards,  that was an easy fix  swapped the ring gear on the rear axle to the other side and problem fixed.

But then the biggest problem that I have is with the solid drive shaft between the 2 gearboxes, mine is not straight so it vibrate the whole car and you can see the gearboxes moving in the chassis so thats not good,  I am going to search for a different kind of driveshaft that is not one solid piece.

for me it is a little bit of a odd choice to use a solid shaft, if the gearboxes are not aligned 100% or the shaft is not straight you got a problem.

So I had to remove the axle centergearbox and some other stuff, so not so much as a rolling chassis now😬

51011768283_803e2413fd_c.jpg

51011206383_bad12160d3_k.jpg

Edited by No brains
  • Sad 3

No issues with the connecting shaft here either. Something must have been misaligned when you assembled it, though I can't think how. If you're having to change to a flexible shaft then imo you're just masking the problem, not fixing it.

Edited by everclear1984

34 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

pity about that we didnt have any problems with ours just screwed straight in :cheers:

Mine is fits and goes straight in but the driveshaft is not straight  and being solid it has no give, you can see the gearboxes wobble in the chassis with this shaft, so thats not good for the bearings and gears, I ordered this one, and a  light kit  and metal hooks, the only thing I hate that the project is now on hold for some weeks.

https://www.asiatees.com/display?Boom-Racing-All-Parts-Hop-Ups-Upgrades&brand=Miscellaneous&model=All&id=152626&pid=1

Edited by No brains

13 minutes ago, everclear1984 said:

No issues with the connecting shaft here either. Something must have been misaligned when you assembled it, though I can't think how. If you're having to change to a flexible shaft, then imo you're just making the problem, not fixing it.

There is not a misaligned here and you can't put the gearboxes in the wrong way,  its is the shaft that is not straight on mine it has a wobble in it and being solid it has no give, the gearboxes wobble in the chassis with this shaft,  I ordered a flexilbe shaft I can't see why it wil not work they are used most of the time in crawlers.

ordered this one https://www.asiatees.com/display?Boom-Racing-All-Parts-Hop-Ups-Upgrades&brand=Miscellaneous&model=All&id=152626&pid=1

Edited by No brains

2 minutes ago, No brains said:

There is not a misaligned here and you can't put the gearboxes in the wrong way,  its is the shaft that is not straight on mine it has a wobble in it and being solid it has no give, the gearboxes wobble in the chassis with this shaft,  I ordered a flexilbe shaft I can't see why it wil not work they are used most of the time in crawlers.

ordered this one https://www.asiatees.com/display?Boom-Racing-All-Parts-Hop-Ups-Upgrades&brand=Miscellaneous&model=All&id=152626&pid=1

It'll work, but original shaft shouldn't be causing an issue in the first place. Never mind, hopefully you'll be up and running soon 👍

16 minutes ago, everclear1984 said:

It'll work, but original shaft shouldn't be causing an issue in the first place. Never mind, hopefully you'll be up and running soon 👍

sometimes it happens that you get a faulty part that is not made right.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1