• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Arrma Kraton EXB owners

Had mine out yesterday again, decided my servo saver needs fixing. Got a pretty stout/fast servo in the EXB, but the servo saver isn't keeping up - on grass especially, i got the turning circle of the queen elisabeth, roughly. Time to get some 14mm-15mm snap rings. 

Keep the Corally talk to the corally threads, we got warned here before for talking about different RCs. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, m4inbrain said:

Had mine out yesterday again, decided my servo saver needs fixing. Got a pretty stout/fast servo in the EXB, but the servo saver isn't keeping up - on grass especially, i got the turning circle of the queen elisabeth, roughly. Time to get some 14mm-15mm snap rings. 

Keep the Corally talk to the corally threads, we got warned here before for talking about different RCs. 

Yeah but that was with something completely different the Corally  Kronos XTR is a direct competitor for the EXB so I cant see you comparing or discussing these 2 as something that would get you in trouble . 

It’s actually a rather interesting topic seeing as both companies are by the looks of it going head to head both with a slightly different approach I’d love to see a direct comparison between the 2 not only on the bench but also in the real world of backyard bashing 

• Like 3

Well, got my servo saver sorted, by the looks. 

Cheers @Paul Busby for this one.

image.thumb.png.1954e5bf1610137f79b22731909af131.png

Starting from next week, things are going to break i'd assume. Finally able to get to my old bashing spots, including a proper motocross track. Already mentally laid out a system of how to get X-Maxx, Maxx, EXB, Typhon 3s and DB Pro in the boot with lipos, tools, folding chairs and food basket, it's long overdue.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, m4inbrain said:

Well, got my servo saver sorted, by the looks. 

Cheers @Paul Busby for this one.

image.thumb.png.1954e5bf1610137f79b22731909af131.png

Starting from next week, things are going to break i'd assume. Finally able to get to my old bashing spots, including a proper motocross track. Already mentally laid out a system of how to get X-Maxx, Maxx, EXB, Typhon 3s and DB Pro in the boot with lipos, tools, folding chairs and food basket, it's long overdue.

It's on the way to you mate 👍

I have a spare hot racing one, another one of these ones, and the ones that are on each of my 2 Arrmas, so I think I can part with it 😄

I didnt include the Ackerman btw, not because I'm stingy, but because it's from a Durango DEX and doesn't work 😉

• Like 1

Not to worry about that.

Though, i gotta see where i get the spring, if i'm not mistaken the v3 spring is softer than the "extra hard" silver spring in the v4/EXB saver.

1 minute ago, m4inbrain said:

Not to worry about that.

Though, i gotta see where i get the spring, if i'm not mistaken the v3 spring is softer than the "extra hard" silver spring in the v4/EXB saver.

Yeah that looks to be the case. It seems to be available as a seperate part. The V3 saver with a harder spring would actually be an excellent combo! I'd still add an extra nut to the bottom of the servo saver, just to be sure it doesnt come loose, but you might not need to tension it quite so much as I had to.

2 minutes ago, Paul Busby said:

Yeah that looks to be the case. It seems to be available as a seperate part. The V3 saver with a harder spring would actually be an excellent combo! I'd still add an extra nut to the bottom of the servo saver, just to be sure it doesnt come loose, but you might not need to tension it quite so much as I had to.

Of course, intended to lock it either way.

I'll look for/order the spring. Cheers bud. 👍

Comsidering investing a bit into my EXB, I dont have an awful lot of free time, so spending £1500 on an X Maxx doesnt seem great at the mo.....

Shock play....I never really sorted it....

Is this the part to sort it? 

https://badtouchbreakers.com/collections/kraton-6s/products/m2c-3076-arrma-kraton-talion-outcastseries-shock-cap-bushing

Or is there an uprated stand off part you need?

Im talking about the play in the shock cap eyelet.

Also looking at these:

https://www.applianceelectronics.co.uk/viewproduct/17784/vitavon-vitar330404505-arrma-kraton-exb-front-rear-hubs-red-arrma-6s-upgrade-for-ar330404505

and maybe alloy bulkheads?

Is the EXB considered a V5? Not confident with the plastic side of the centre diff mount, would like alloy.

thanks

Edited by Guns

Those bushes from Badtouch will help with slop but not completely eliminate it 👍🏼 as for the alloy bulkheads and hubs, personally I wouldn't bother as it's all extra weight and in turn you will just break other parts because of it..

• Like 2

I agree with Brian on the topic of the bulkheads... I'm struggling to think of anyone who has installed the Vitavon parts without removing them a couple of bashes later. People are often very loud about putting the shiney parts on, but quiet about taking them off... but I notice 😉

The hubs... not too sure... I don't actually have any issue with the stock ones though. I do use the Hot Racing pillow ball nuts though, not sure if that has done me any favours.

Alloy centre diff mount I would say is worth it. The V4 and V5 and EXB parts are the same version with a slot in the top that the diff slides in. I actually thought the EXB was alloy there already but I guess not... not a huge difference to the upgrade but it's also not super expensive:

https://badtouchbreakers.com/collections/kraton-6s/products/arrma-v4-6s-blx-differential-mount

Will work fine.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Paul Busby said:

I agree with Brian on the topic of the bulkheads... I'm struggling to think of anyone who has installed the Vitavon parts without removing them a couple of bashes later. People are often very loud about putting the shiney parts on, but quiet about taking them off... but I notice 😉

The hubs... not too sure... I don't actually have any issue with the stock ones though. I do use the Hot Racing pillow ball nuts though, not sure if that has done me any favours.

Alloy centre diff mount I would say is worth it. The V4 and V5 and EXB parts are the same version with a slot in the top that the diff slides in. I actually thought the EXB was alloy there already but I guess not... not a huge difference to the upgrade but it's also not super expensive:

https://badtouchbreakers.com/collections/kraton-6s/products/arrma-v4-6s-blx-differential-mount

Will work fine.

I was a bit dissapointed it wasnt alloy too!? Meh

I got great help from Guns here.

Now My kRATON exb is One killer .

Open shims rear,  dont overshim.

LSD plates at max in center and fron.

I have 20k oil reak

150k center

30k front now.

I drive my 1/8 exb kraton with powerfull 8s combo.

And huge Wheels that weight alot.

This car is one beast.

Nothing can beat this in 1/8 now.  no Corallys either.

Trust me.

My kraton EXB 1/8 EXB with  8s is one sick beast. And so durable.

I have run many packs today

6x 6000mah   8S

need only clean this rig.

iT need alot more Hard Bashing and Huge Jumps

Special thanx to GUNS.

i will show video and talk about this , and all details in couple days

servo saver need 3-4 12mm clips. then you have one great turn ratios. i will show pictures and talk about this also in couple days

Corallys are sure great 6s

What happens when you go 8s and insane with them ?= 

?==?===????

one thing is sure now to me.

EXB Kraton 1/8 handles 8s insane bashing very well after you shim and have right oils in all diffs.

This is one Killer now

8s with huge wheels, alot bigger than stock, also 8s, 

no problems anymore.

I dont believe Corally make this.

They can send me one car , i can make 8s and huge wheels hard bashing test and film it, if they dare.

EXB Kraton handles it.

Corallys, I dont thing so

Edited by m-racing

2 minutes ago, m4inbrain said:

How'd you bend driveshafts? 

Mine are also bent from the last bash (not so much that I have to replace them)... it just happens on these cars eventually.

Edited by Paul Busby

11 minutes ago, m4inbrain said:

How'd you bend driveshafts? 

It’s easy chassis flex bends the centre ones arm flex from a heavy side landing will bend the front and rears it’s nothing out the norm quite surprised you’ve never done it. 

1 hour ago, Guns said:

zX4Gyj4.jpg

Ive had enough..... Nothing major again in my opinion...... Driveshafts slightly bent too....

My Mrs Rustler 4x4 is an absolute Tank by comparison

Maybe it’s time to admit your beat you really don’t seem to have any luck almost every time you take it out the next post is it’s broken 🥴

If you like the size and platform why not keep the electrics and try a Corally  XTR ? You never know you might have more luck 👍

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Guns said:

Ive just spent £1400 on an X Maxx...... 😩😂

All in fairness it’s what you wanted all along you work hard so why not treat yourself👍

Other news I’ve just bought a 8s EXB 🤦🏻

• Like 1
  • Haha 2