• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Arrma Kraton EXB owners

Guys, play in the shocks.... Just doing the diffs on mine and ive noticed play in my shocks. But not where I was expecting?

All 4 of my shocks have play in the actual shock shaft? Its like the shock shaft is 1mm too thin for the shock body? There's no leak, but theres a lot play, the worst ive ever noticed on an R/C?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Guns said:

Guys, play in the shocks.... Just doing the diffs on mine and ive noticed play in my shocks. But not where I was expecting?

All 4 of my shocks have play in the actual shock shaft? Its like the shock shaft is 1mm too thin for the shock body? There's no leak, but theres a lot play, the worst ive ever noticed on an R/C?

I have never noticed that before, but yeah, compared to my Tekno, there is a lot of play.

Have to say that the 6s Arrma shocks hold up well though. Every time I take them apart for servicing the oil is completely clean, and I have only ever bent 1 shaft in a bad crash.

Edited by Paul Busby

So guys, what motor fans are we using on the 1650kv beast? Or are we using non at all? 

just caught up on all the reading!!!

I was told 19t for this 1650kv motor... hope I don’t burn out crash and die 

Edited by Callyakn

38 minutes ago, Guns said:

Yeah mines terrible it’s like they wobble in the middle  I’ll probably out them for something else at some point 

26 minutes ago, Callyakn said:

So guys, what motor fans are we using on the 1650kv beast? Or are we using non at all? 

Shouldn't need them with the correct gearing.

If you want fans anyway, then it's custom solutions by the looks of it... @m4inbrain has been working with me on a 1717 solution, which is a similar size to the 4585 1650kv motor... but I have had....complications.

4 minutes ago, Guns said:

Not the nicest vehicle to work on is it? 😑

I guess my reference pool is considerably more shallow than most, but I don't think it's all that bad!

You can get the front and back end off with a few screws, you can get at the diffs without fully disassembling everything... there are certainly a few things that it falls down on, but all in all, it's not too bad IMO.

36 minutes ago, Paul Busby said:

Shouldn't need them with the correct gearing.

If you want fans anyway, then it's custom solutions by the looks of it... @m4inbrain has been working with me on a 1717 solution, which is a similar size to the 4585 1650kv motor... but I have had....complications.

Running a 19T, from recommendations off here ! 

Really not enjoing this build, nothing seems very well thought out? Am I missing something or is it quite a big deal to get the centre diff out? The centre brace needs removing at one end but cant see how to do that easily?

3 minutes ago, Guns said:

Really not enjoing this build, nothing seems very well thought out? Am I missing something or is it quite a big deal to get the centre diff out? The centre brace needs removing at one end but cant see how to do that easily?

I remember swearing profusely at that bit myself 😂. I just forced it out and back in once I’d topped the oil up 😅

Edited by Rorys Breaker

2 minutes ago, Guns said:

Am I missing something or is it quite a big deal to get the centre diff out? The centre brace needs removing at one end but cant see how to do that easily?

The first time I did this, I had the same issue. Then I realised that I was to scared to break it!

Basically, remove top, ensure the drive shafts has the pins pointing upward on both sides then slide the diff up straight and the driveshaft just plops out.

1 minute ago, Tony said:

The first time I did this, I had the same issue. Then I realised that I was to scared to break it!

Basically, remove top, ensure the drive shafts has the pins pointing upward on both sides then slide the diff up straight and the driveshaft just plops out.

I cant see an (easy) way to remove that centre brace, so I've gave up for tonight, going to vent on the Arrma Group..... Should be fun

There is a certain about of generational bodgery with Kratons, to be sure. The centre brace covering the centre diff is part of that.

I don't run a centre brace, I just don't think it's needed if you have aluminium braces either end, and an an EXB, or aftermarket chassis.

59 minutes ago, Jambo.26 said:

Which way round is the servo suppose to go. I mounted mine with the wires pointing outwards as it looked pretty close to the prop shaft. 

been out once with it and seem to have no short term issues 

There is routing for the cable underneath the ESC tray

The routing is for the esc wiring is it not. Not the servo? 
mom talking about the wiring coming out for the servo seems too close to the prop shaft where it exits the servo body. I have mounted mine the opposite way. 

3 minutes ago, Jambo.26 said:

The routing is for the esc wiring is it not. Not the servo? 
mom talking about the wiring coming out for the servo seems too close to the prop shaft where it exits the servo body. I have mounted mine the opposite way. 

Yeah you're right.

My word, im not doing well on these Kraton conversations for someone who has owned one for this long.

I have the cable for mine coming out by the side of the drive shaft, but I also have a cable tie clip base right where it comes out... I don't know anyone else who has done this though, and no-one, to my knowledge, has had an issue.

9 hours ago, Guns said:

I cant see an (easy) way to remove that centre brace, so I've gave up for tonight, going to vent on the Arrma Group..... Should be fun

Remove the two screws holding the body shell tower/holder, so you can access the one screw holding the centre brace in place... job done, 3 screws and it’s out. Then 4 screws for centre diff