• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

m4inbrains Kraton EXB

Small update:

UjtmXe0.jpg

Not 100% happy how it turned out, but because i had to extend the incredibly short factory power wires, they were kinda hard to sleeve (since i had to sleeve them from the centre, basically). Was a pain in the rear, and in fact a pain in the eye because i'm an idiot, when i forgot one of the connector rear casings i had to unsolder one connection and flung molten solder into my eye.  

Left a small "burn mark" on the cornea, thank god i'm too blind to notice - will heal in a few days, just itchy now. Note to myself, don't pull too hard on the wire when liquifying metal on top of it. Public service announcement for the day.

Basically, i hate connecting wires and i currently don't have my crimping tool here (garage of parents in law), so i decided to buy some incredibly (stupidly) expensive 6.5mm castle bullets, solder them to both ends, connect them and then heat shrink it. Seems solid, and i prefer that over the alternative which would've looked awful. There's a small bulge in the sleeve, but who cares. Well i do actually, but nothing i can do about it. :D

Looks good enough for a basher, not gonna faff around for hours now. Or rather, even more hours, first time ever it took me 2.5 hours to basically extend two wires and solder a harness. Not gonna do that again anytime soon, lol.

3 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Thinking of joining the party but nothing as fancy as this set up it’s a close contest between this and a Tekno 👍

Why not both? I certainly know that somewhere in the my future there's a MT410 waiting for me. If you don't want both, kinda can't help you there - depends entirely on preference i think. The EXB is cheaper though, so there's that to consider. And easier to throw way too much power at (size). That said: it's a roller. If you fancy building, the MT410 is obviously the better choice. In terms of quality, i'd probably rate the MT410 higher than the EXB, but honestly, the EXB is good enough for me personally. 

Considering you have/had a 410, i'd take the EXB though. I usually tend to take new things over "known" things, hence the castle system in mine. 

Edited by m4inbrain
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, froggy8 said:

if you are getting it tomorrow then it has only been a week, that isnt too bad is it?

Well considering i was waiting for over 6 weeks to get it.. 

Depends on how you look at it, i think. :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, m4inbrain said:

Well considering i was waiting for over 6 weeks to get it.. 

Depends on how you look at it, i think. :D

sorry i thought i read that you ordered it on the 3rd, my bad.

Just now, froggy8 said:

sorry i thought i read that you ordered it on the 3rd, my bad.

Yeah, but that's because it wouldn't have made a difference either way. It wasn't in stock for over 6 weeks. I see now why that might've been confusing. Reality is, i could've ordered 6 weeks ago and still would've only received it tomorrow. 

10 minutes ago, m4inbrain said:

Yeah, but that's because it wouldn't have made a difference either way. It wasn't in stock for over 6 weeks. I see now why that might've been confusing. Reality is, i could've ordered 6 weeks ago and still would've only received it tomorrow. 

ah i get ya now :)

glad to hear you are getting it tomorrow, going to say whats on other people mind, cant wait to see it 🤣

• Like 1

1 minute ago, froggy8 said:

ah i get ya now :)

glad to hear you are getting it tomorrow, going to say whats on other people mind, cant wait to see it 🤣

Can't wait, somewhere between 11am and 12pm. 

91f5ce6e7be20ac41c088ef8fac9a776.gif

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, froggy8 said:

did that guy really run 495 mph?! 🤣

you must be still at work, want to see when you put the combo in.

At least, yes.

Combo is in, i'll take pictures once there's at least some light outside. Already scratched the body shell up good, because i'm a moron - i'll explain once i took pictures. :P

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, m4inbrain said:

At least, yes.

Combo is in, i'll take pictures once there's at least some light outside. Already scratched the body shell up good, because i'm a moron - i'll explain once i took pictures. :P

sorry about the shell, i used to have a vorza with new shell, i made another shell with a hyper 7 and just kept using that and left the shell new :D 

• Like 1