• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Texan

Lone-wolf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I may be planning a mk2 paint job on my Texan as i still have the original Grey cab, rather fancy doing a yellow "Mattsofroadrecovery" special....it would be good if i could get a tow jib for the back of the cage body but not a deal breaker

matts.JPG

Edited by Lone-wolf
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lone-wolf said:

I may be planning a mk2 paint job on my Texan as i still have the original Grey cab, rather fancy doing a yellow "Mattsofroadrecovery" special....it would be good if i could get a tow jib for the back of the cage body but not a deal breaker

matts.JPG

You definitely need to do that, would look pretty damn good 👍🏻

• Thanks 1

Someone at my local club had an old ford recovery truck, and he used the jib off a child's toy he paid pennies for at a car boot sale ,(just a thought 🤔)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Small update after my talk of maybe selling this powerwagon, i cant do it, but i dont run it much because i dont want to damage it, so as i have the original Grey cab i have ordered a rear cage front lights and grile plus mirrors and all the bits to make a second body for this rig, the Grey one will get totally abused, but wont be here till early next month as a few bits on back order

• Like 3

Been considering a Texan for my next crawler, but can't decide on that or an injora rock buggy to build up 🤔

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wombat said:

Been considering a Texan for my next crawler, but can't decide on that or an injora rock buggy to build up 🤔

Both needs mods out of the box, injora has weak axles so i fitted Axial AR44 to mine my injora is a proper rock goat but the texan is good allrounder 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, wombat said:

If you browse this thread you will see the mods i did to my Texan i think the most important was to lengthen the wheelbase, but this means removing the cantilever rear set up, not a huge job. This also applies to the Injora rock buggy, it really does need a longer wheelbase to shine, the injora has a tendency to break front CVD joints but if you got one just order a couple of spare sets at time not expensive 

• Like 2

I've read your Texan, and injora threads and am trending towards an injora, I've got my coyote for a good all-rounder, and have a spare set of coyote v1 axles that could go on the injora . Going to decide next week when back off holidays

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...