• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Texan

Lone-wolf

Bought another alloy axle for the Texan 

BB64E5CC-F718-48E8-8E5C-683FA8D42368.thumb.jpeg.542581d41149ad5bf1bb8f605a651935.jpeg

I didn’t realise when I fitted the rear that the diff ring gear sits to the left whereas the stock plastic axle has it on the right.
Soooo the front the front and rear wheels are spinning in opposite directions 🤣 

These axles don’t work with the Texan or at least  they won’t if you want to fit a pair .

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Redback said:

The center transfer case a 3 gear? do both shafts not dive in the same direction from the transfer case?

Yeah both go the same direction from the transfer case .

52 minutes ago, Redback said:

The center transfer case a 3 gear? do both shafts not dive in the same direction from the transfer case?

Here’s the stock plastic axles I’ve took off , the alloy piece that the upper links mount too can be fitted to the other side of the axle .

Ill switch the alloy bit around on the stock front axle, re-fit it with  the red alloy diff cover and it’ll be almost as good  😁

766BD8EA-C403-4926-BC2B-C4A82937147C.thumb.jpeg.252c7eae97cb804a2ac0612ccfdc54cf.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

Must get round to taking the decals of mine, i bet it leaves a load of glue behind

I use a heat gun but a hairdryer will do, heat the decal(I get them pretty warm)  they soften right up and peel off without leaving glue behind.

Also works great to soften and stick down any decals that are coming away or have to wrap around angles or edges 👍

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

looks like it wont be going on, cant win em all, i took most of the stickers of mine, waiting for the patina stuff to arrive

Yeah not too bothered it’ll come in handy as a spare or for something else down the line.

You’ll have to take a few pics when ya done I quite like the patina look 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

Main "Jurassic park" stickers removed, i think it looks better just for doing this but still want to give it some Patina treatment

stickers.JPG

stickers 2.JPG

Yeah that’s better mate 👍🏻 
Take that chassis sticker off as well 

• Like 2