• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

COVID-19 Track & Trace

Tony

The COVID-19 Track and Trace is now live

https://covid19.nhs.uk

Install it on your phone as you will need to use it to 'check in' business, shops, venue, etc. All business are required to to have the poster up for the QR codes by law.

And it can alert you if you have been somewhere where someone had COVID-19

Edited by Tony

Sorry,i don`t own a smart phone and have absolutely no interest in having one ever.

It`s not "Law" at all,the gov is "Urging"

see here,

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/businesses-urged-to-prepare-for-nhs-covid-19-app

they are also very aware of this,note the date, (As of 19 March 2020, COVID-19 is no longer considered to be a high consequence infectious disease (HCID) in the UK.)

from here,

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/high-consequence-infectious-diseases-hcid#status-of-covid-19

I can't help thinking this is the start of personal tracking by the government and once permissions are given you'll never be able to retract as it'll be in your interest of keeping you safe.

I'll let my wife download it first! 

17 hours ago, twisty said:

Sorry,i don`t own a smart phone and have absolutely no interest in having one ever.

It`s not "Law" at all,the gov is "Urging"

see here,

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/businesses-urged-to-prepare-for-nhs-covid-19-app

they are also very aware of this,note the date, (As of 19 March 2020, COVID-19 is no longer considered to be a high consequence infectious disease (HCID) in the UK.)

from here,

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/high-consequence-infectious-diseases-hcid#status-of-covid-19

That's the old article. It's now a law.

See https://www.gov.uk/government/news/venues-required-to-enforce-rule-of-6-nhs-qr-code-posters-and-contact-logs

1 hour ago, NitroPete83 said:

I can't help thinking this is the start of personal tracking by the government and once permissions are given you'll never be able to retract as it'll be in your interest of keeping you safe.

I'll let my wife download it first! 

Gov doesn't have access to it.

NHS app was designed by them, yes but the actual track & trace is all done by Google/Apple. Bluetooth stuff runs in background & data stored on your phone. It's all anon.

6 hours ago, Tony said:

You have 30 seconds to comply.

It needs revoking ASAP,

It`s a stupid "Law" IMHO if true.

anything to avoid dealing with Brexit.

It is not a law. There is no legal requirement to download the app.

IF you go to a venue or similar 'contact' risk location, you are required to register addrss details with the venue. The venue's are also required to display the app QR code for ease of use for those who have it.

If you are not going to areas where social distancing is not prperly possible, or where higher risks are present, you don;t have to do anything.

Personally...I plan to avoid any area where such things are 'necessary' to avoid the risk that goes with them. That's more useful than an app that will track your movements, who you contact, who you remain in proximity to and so on.

I will leave that to those who think ignoring face coverings/sanitation measures which ARE legally enforceable is a good idea, which seems to include around 50% of Londoners.....and those who think test and trace is going to save them somehow.

Sensible precautions are those that stop you getting it...and not relying on someone else to tell you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nitroholic said:

It is not a law. There is no legal requirement to download the app.

Never said anything about the app. I was referring to putting up the QR code posters which is now a law.

I’m no “Covidiot” as they say, not will I go and protest about wearing masks as I think that’s just down right silly.....I do however think that this whole COVID thing is a load of rubbish that the media and government has blown way out of proportion.

I may be wrong.....I have been before on the odd occasion [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Tony said:

Never said anything about the app. I was referring to putting up the QR code posters which is now a law.

If you own or run a bar or simialr...then yes...you have to put up the poster.

People do not have to use it by law. Your statement was not very clear...

The requirement is for you to leave contact details. Use of the app is optional

I`ll just leave this here as it might be of use to someone,,,,perhaps.

It`s kind of on topic too,best of luck MSUK folks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlZfgeOEO1A

Do you need to be a Gold Member for links to work?

COVID-19 is LIQUID BASED - the mask stops the liquid from spreading i.e. coughing. Using Vape smoke for this demo is wrong. He should have use liquid to demo this and you will see it reduces the liquid spread.

I won't link the link above.

12 minutes ago, Tony said:

COVID-19 is LIQUID BASED - the mask stops the liquid from spreading i.e. coughing. Using Vape smoke for this demo is wrong. He should have use liquid to demo this and you will see it reduces the liquid spread.

I won't link the link above.

Vape "liquid"   is also "liquid based :)

Have a great weekend.

2 hours ago, twisty said:

I`ll just leave this here as it might be of use to someone,,,,perhaps.

It`s kind of on topic too,best of luck MSUK folks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlZfgeOEO1A

Do you need to be a Gold Member for links to work?

Of use for.. who? Covidiots?

I'll try to not be rude here, which is getting increasingly harder and harder after hearing every stupid argument in the world over and over again. 

I'll try to make it brief. The video is idiotic and doesn't prove anything. Second, the video is idiotic and debunks itself, on top. Third, the video is absolutely idiotic and maliciously dishonest. Did i mention idiocy?  Here's why.

First: not a single mask actually fits properly. Not that it matters that much, just thought i point that out. Second: the video assumes that the mask is supposed to stop you from spreading the virus, when in fact it's supposed to prevent you from catching it. He's blowing through the valves in reverse. Fourth, no poop sherlock, masks are not airtight. Don't need to be either. Here, let me use my vast knowledge of paint, and just debunk this utter idiocy in one picture. Then we come to the dishonesty. 

1785621797_NewBitmapImage(3).thumb.jpg.b27464a721a7cc93650bf027c2c6a243.jpg

Not really rocket science, is it? Lets get to the dishonesty. He's not only blowing through masks in reverse straight from his mouth (so, it proves that if you suck on the side of his mask while he's talking, you're not protected - thank god we cleared that up), he's also only blowing through a single filter, actively (and deliberately) overwhelming it. That "doctor" is also conveniently leaving out that a normal breath has magnitudes less water vapour than he blew through it, and that the amount of viral particles is even less. You need a certain viral load to get sick. 

Nobody ever claimed masks are the perfect solution, that's why we still have social distancing. Two masks, together with social distancing, reduces the viral load for the average person to a level where in most cases (not all, most) it doesn't break out. That's exactly what it's supposed to do. There is no 100% protection, there's "enough protection" to get the reproduction rate so low that eventually the virus dies down, as many others did. This really isn't hard to understand. The problem here:

People who think they got it all figured out, spreading absolute bollocks everywhere. Put it this way, if the first comment on your "proof" video is by a guy called "Secret Messages around the World 31", stating that "the thing is that there is no covid in the world, it's a plandemic", you might not want to post it. Especially not if the second post then reads "but then this is only needed if covid was not a globalist plandemic/scamdemic psyops upon humanity". 

I'm sorry, don't take this the wrong way, but it's people like you who are the problem, and the reason as to why half the country is going back into "lockdown-lite". Some other poor sod reads the crap you're spreading, thinks "ah well, fair enough then", runs out and either spreads it, or contracts it. It's mindblowingly stupid. 

edit: sorry, forgot the best part. In the video, he states that wearing an n95 mask "might protect me, but not you" (which btw is exactly what it's supposed to do, imagine having to rely on people who think all this is fake to wear masks to protect me lol). Guess what happens if both are wearing N95 masks (conveniently, the standard recommended by the government for masks)? And no, an N95 mask is an N95 mask, it's a standard masks are tested for. Those masks filter exactly what they're supposed to, not more and not less. 

edit2: and with that, i'm outta here. I'm all for discussions, but facebook-conspiracy crap is not worth wasting (more) time on. 

Edited by m4inbrain
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Wrighty8766 said:

I’m no “Covidiot” as they say, not will I go and protest about wearing masks as I think that’s just down right silly.....I do however think that this whole COVID thing is a load of rubbish that the media and government has blown way out of proportion.

I may be wrong.....I have been before on the odd occasion emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're wrong. It's potentially fatal to anyone with a pre-existing respiratory condition and there's allot of people out there who don't even know they have one.  The fact is that it's such a new version of SARS that there's no research on it to fully understand it, so the only form of prevention and control is to keep people away from each other until it's better understood. However there's a vast swathe of the population with no idea about infectious diseases who think it's rubbish, which then threatens everyone else with their cavalier attitude. 

And with that, I am going to ask a Mod or Admin to lock this because I don't want this topic to go out of control.

Please keep safe, everyone. Wear a mask (without vent!) and don't be an Covidiot. Follow the guidelines as set out by the Gov and we'll be out of the lockdown much sooner. But we won't get out of the lockdown if you carry on refusing to wear the mask or don't use the Track and Trace/signing in sheet at the venues to reduce the spread.

• Like 3

• .AJ. locked this topic