• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Engine mount issue

JFS666

This afternoon I took an SH.28 engine out of my losi Muggy to put into my Hyper 7 because why not? I fitted the new clutch got the engine on the engine mount all happy and everything looks good until I try lining up the engine into the Buggy.

For some reason the back plate is massive and sticks out below the engine mount. It wont mount to the chassis 😔. Is there something I am missing like a "big block" engine mount for this available or do I need to modify/make one?

It might do if I cut a bit off.  For some reason there is a 5th hole that goes infront near the clutch bell. I did get the Losi Muggy 2nd hand as a roller many years ago.

Also the muggy mount has 2 little aluminium blocks to raise the engine up. Not sure if I did it or if it was like that when I got it.

I could custom make some engine mounts if needed

I had a similar issue when  putting a different engine in my cen monster truck, i got some 3mm thick aluminium cut 2 bits the same size as the engine mount where it bolts onto and drilled a couple of holes in the right place so the engine sat just that little bit higher

Longer engine screws installed along with the adapter blocks the SH had on the old mount and she moves! Small amount of rubbing on the fuel tank mount from the clutch bell(think its a 16 tooth, didn't check) that will find its own space 🤣

I do have to adjust the throttle and brake linkage a little more before i run it again as the carb has the throttle connection ball in a different place. I just got it so it kinda worked.