• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Maverick Quantum Flux MT XT & XT Plus *page 9

tomr

9 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Looks to be a good buy fingers crossed it’s got better plastics than the old HPI Jumpshot man that thing was pants 😂👍

Hopefully but already seen one on YouTube with a busted arm 😂 

As long as I can have some fun sliding it about on some forest trails with the odd few jumps I’ll be happy with it ........if not ,it’s just a cheapy and I’ll bang it up for sale 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jack Reacher said:

Tom, good post and great clear photo`s, it was me that put you onto this but im holding back for time being, but doubt should be a fast fun MT for not a lot of cash

Cheers JR ,I’ll give it a few good runs over the weekend.,I’m not expecting too much from it but I reckon for where I run it should be good fun 👍

• Like 1

Looks like a nice spec for the money, on paper at least.  Be interested to hear how the pillow balls hold out.  I think you've hit the nail on the head there - so long as you don't launch it at every opportunity, and inappropriately at that (thinking major air on concrete skate parks), then you may well find it does you just fine.  I do jump my MT on occasion, but not crazy high, and most of the time, particularly if I'm out with mates, then it's more slidey slidey, impromptu races, and other daft ground level antics.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bertberr said:

Looks like a nice spec for the money, on paper at least.  Be interested to hear how the pillow balls hold out.  I think you've hit the nail on the head there - so long as you don't launch it at every opportunity, and inappropriately at that (thinking major air on concrete skate parks), then you may well find it does you just fine.  I do jump my MT on occasion, but not crazy high, and most of the time, particularly if I'm out with mates, then it's more slidey slidey, impromptu races, and other daft ground level antics.

Yeah spot on 👍 Don’t think it would last very long in a skate park .I pretty much use  my rc’s In the woods while I’m out with my dogs and whenever  the moons align(what shifts I’m on )I’ll  meet up with mates for a blast .

Just got in from giving it a couple of 2s packs .......it survived in tact other than a slight bend in a rear tie rod 👍

First run was great 👍 Only a slightly bent tie rod ,all the plastics survived I can’t find any cracks or breaks.No bends in the drive shafts or anything .

I didn’t bash it as hard as I would my Losi or Arrma but it did have a few knocks .

I ran 2,2s 5000mah lipo’s back to back ,around 40mins each .

I’ll post a video up later 👍

8688B022-B9FF-445D-B811-9EA05A8EE6A5.thumb.jpeg.539c31c8de6b6bd1ea8ce773c5dbb951.jpeg

C453239B-F49D-4ADD-8E4D-E3EBCD080A55.thumb.jpeg.a8e35ae8473e7720ffacc8ea308a8575.jpeg

2643D56B-0806-4168-90DA-600EAB43C638.thumb.jpeg.3cce794c4bd4bf5ab6918b01160dd739.jpeg

Edited by tomr
  • Like 1

That's interesting, my old 2WD ECX Torment BL version came with a Dynamite 45a Tazer ESC and 3300kv motor, that was almost 7 years ago now.  In that time, it's served in the original Torment, a Ruckus MT, and now resides in my lad's Torment - gone full circle and is still just as punchy as it was when it was new, so hopefully seeing as its a HW esc in this one, it will be plenty up to the task.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, bertberr said:

That's interesting, my old 2WD ECX Torment BL version came with a Dynamite 45a Tazer ESC and 3300kv motor, that was almost 7 years ago now.  In that time, it's served in the original Torment, a Ruckus MT, and now resides in my lad's Torment - gone full circle and is still just as punchy as it was when it was new, so hopefully seeing as its a HW esc in this one, it will be plenty up to the task.

It’s definitely up to the task on 2s ,I ran it for over an hour around the woods and only stopped to change a battery 👍

12 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

Tom i enjoyed the video, you did not pull your punches and it looks pretty darn fast on 2s so 3s might just be to much speed for the chassis to cope with

Thanks mate 👍 I’m guesstimating around 30-35mph on 2s ,almost too fast for where I’m running 🤪 3s will be crazy I reckon but great for some tarmac bashing 

Nice Video! I haven’t seen much info or reviews on these cars. I have had the Quantum Flux XT for a month or so now. It’s fantastic fun, running on 3S and it’s insane. 

whilst it’s all good fun, I’d give a bit of caution here. I don’t think it’s built to handle 3S very robustly. I have broken two of those CVDs already, they sheer off at the wheel end. I replaced the last one with the dog one setup on the back wheels. They look a bit beefier to me,  E.g. thicker pins. I’ve also bent a turnbuckle, though it did hold. Had the grub screw that connects the centre front drive shaft to the spur gear come loose twice, and the second time it got lodged in the shafts cup, I couldn’t get it out! Lost it to the shop to have them repair it for two weeks. 

so, good fun, but don’t be too rough on it. I’m not doing anything like jumping, scare parks etc, I’m just at the local park. There’s no way it could take some of what I see Arrma vehicles doing on YouTube. Cartwheeling it seems to break stuff. 

have fun! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mnr said:

Nice Video! I haven’t seen much info or reviews on these cars. I have had the Quantum Flux XT for a month or so now. It’s fantastic fun, running on 3S and it’s insane. 

whilst it’s all good fun, I’d give a bit of caution here. I don’t think it’s built to handle 3S very robustly. I have broken two of those CVDs already, they sheer off at the wheel end. I replaced the last one with the dog one setup on the back wheels. They look a bit beefier to me,  E.g. thicker pins. I’ve also bent a turnbuckle, though it did hold. Had the grub screw that connects the centre front drive shaft to the spur gear come loose twice, and the second time it got lodged in the shafts cup, I couldn’t get it out! Lost it to the shop to have them repair it for two weeks. 

so, good fun, but don’t be too rough on it. I’m not doing anything like jumping, scare parks etc, I’m just at the local park. There’s no way it could take some of what I see Arrma vehicles doing on YouTube. Cartwheeling it seems to break stuff. 

have fun! 

Thanks Mnr, yeah it’s  definitely not a basher truck 

Love the video, it's what MT's are all about.  It seems that spots that are good for mountain bike dirt jumps etc are perfect for these.  I have been running my Rival MT10 at a few places that I know from MTB riding and it loves all  the whoops and drop-offs 😀

• Like 1

20 hours ago, CUPRABullet said:

Love the video, it's what MT's are all about.  It seems that spots that are good for mountain bike dirt jumps etc are perfect for these.  I have been running my Rival MT10 at a few places that I know from MTB riding and it loves all  the whoops and drop-offs 😀

Thanks 👍Hoping for another session this weekend 

Now for the money and what you get I’d say that performs very well indeed fella. Let’s be honest most folks will take it to the woods or an open park very few actually bash a skateparks anyway. I think you’ve had a nice little deal there fella 👍👍

10 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Now for the money and what you get I’d say that performs very well indeed fella. Let’s be honest most folks will take it to the woods or an open park very few actually bash a skateparks anyway. I think you’ve had a nice little deal there fella 👍👍

100% mate ,for the money it’s great fun