• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Maverick Quantum Flux MT XT & XT Plus *page 9

tomr

9 hours ago, froggy8 said:

ah yes, that is the truggy style, am i right?

Yes it is. Doesn't look like they've made an 'XL' version of the MT yet, but that could be coming to.

These are some notable changes that they've made which make it very appealing:

-A more powerful 3665 3100kv flux motor & 100A esc

-Altered gearing (49T spur 12T pinion) which they quote 'will give you the biggest bang for your buck'

-The new shell/wing design & larger better looking wheels

-The size. Wheelbase is now 325mm up from 285mm, width is now 365mm up from 350mm 

(haven't yet found the full dimensions but these were listed in the description on Modelsport).

It all looks & sounds very promising. I'll probably wait until i've seen a few guys on Youtube test them out to see how good & durable they really are. But i'm thinking this could be a great replacement for my FTX Carnage, which hasn't really lived up to expectations.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, James RC said:

The new Quantum + XT is looking really nice...

1744892270_maverickquantum.jpg.b5c555ff463f9819ccf00846a2e288d2.jpg1012365513_maverickquantum2.jpg.c0c968a67e530403b199fe86184e31c3.jpg

Mmm, very tempting... I may have to treat myself to one of these after the year is done. 

To be fair, thats a stunning looking rig, especially if it had gunmetal wheels?

• Like 1

The blue/black with black wheels looks even better imo - be interesting to hear if the strengthened drive shafts etc actually live up to the expectations.  If they do, with that general spec, it could be a real winner.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, bertberr said:

The blue/black with black wheels looks even better imo - be interesting to hear if the strengthened drive shafts etc actually live up to the expectations.  If they do, with that general spec, it could be a real winner.

Yeah these XL versions are running the Hd axles and shafts along with 14mm hex’s and a centre diff 👍 

• Like 1

Which may mean the original ones are about to get a price hike...  Wouldn't be the first time a company has hooked peeps in with a great (artificially low?) sticker price only to ramp it up as soon as the product starts to gain a bit of traction in the marketplace.   If 250 is the 'right' price for the XL version, then maybe we'll soon see this at 189 ish???

6 minutes ago, bertberr said:

Which may mean the original ones are about to get a price hike...  Wouldn't be the first time a company has hooked peeps in with a great (artificially low?) sticker price only to ramp it up as soon as the product starts to gain a bit of traction in the marketplace.   If 250 is the 'right' price for the XL version, then maybe we'll soon see this at 189 ish???

Hope not sales will soon drop of a cliff there good value for money for what they are but start hiking prices folks will simply look elsewhere. I really hope and pray this is nothing to do with the continued free loaders on YouTube hyping them up !  

• Like 1

On 23/12/2020 at 11:35, Gallows said:

Hello guys , I'm new to RC cars. I've just purchased one of these I've got a quick question. Is it RTR lipo batteries straight from the box?  The manual says about setting the the ESC to auto lipo but gives no further details. Thanks in advance 👍

Yes I am in the same boat.

I have downloaded the esc manual. It states auto lipo setting on 3 flashes in the words but the table it refers to 3 flashes states low voltage cutoff???

Hi,

I’ve managed to break a rear axle on the second run (bent it on the 1st..). The regular axle (150147) is not on stock, neither the stronger version (150232). However, i was told that the 150149 is also usable and stronger than the original.

Can someone confirm? This one is on stock where I live and I am quite frustrated I could not enjoy the rig for more than 30 min together, I have to wait till i fix it. :( So willing to order if it works.

Thanks, Peter

8B36EE1A-1859-4CE0-9D99-30E1913C8C7E.jpeg

Edited by Peterx
Add picture

Hello. A bit of a newbie here. I bought one of these for my son for Christmas. Loving it so far although we have managed to break a front half shaft on day 2... Going to follow the advice and replicate the rear set up + reinforced axle shafts MV150232. 
Can anyone give any tips on:

1) General tips on how much cleaning to do after a trip out and where & how!
2) Is there any way we can slow it down a bit using the controller? I saw a post above but didn’t know exactly what to do. We’ve got 2S batteries and whilst my son (13) is pretty good at controlling it, we’d like to turn it down a bit for his mates....

thanks!

On 25/12/2020 at 22:09, Peterx said:

Hi,

I’ve managed to break a rear axle on the second run (bent it on the 1st..). The regular axle (150147) is not on stock, neither the stronger version (150232). However, i was told that the 150149 is also usable and stronger than the original.

Can someone confirm? This one is on stock where I live and I am quite frustrated I could not enjoy the rig for more than 30 min together, I have to wait till i fix it. :( So willing to order if it works.

Thanks, Peter

8B36EE1A-1859-4CE0-9D99-30E1913C8C7E.jpeg

That’s the one we just broke on the second trip out (on the front of the Quantum Flux MT). It was my son’s first/second trip out and it did do a few cartwheels and one medium speed kerbstrike however.. I’m going to try the 150148 with the updated 150232 parts. Now in stock at Modelsport.