• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Maverick Quantum Flux MT XT & XT Plus *page 9

tomr

It's a perfect charger to start off with. I'm running a couple of big cars now. A 30dn sdt (losi super baja rey copy) and as if tomorrow a traxxas x-max. So have a load of big batteries to charge up. So Need a good powerful charger.  Got 2 now. So can do 4 4s 6000mah lipos in around 35 minutes 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

Has any one tried the new Quantum MT flux 80amp the one with the HD drive upgrades? very tempted to get one

I think they all come with the HD upgrades now. Only difference between 2 is the amp rating on the ESC. To be honest, a few small upgrades and I've not had many issues once you do the small little upgrades. Ones I'd highly recommend would be the washer upgrade, the HD upgrades obviously that now come with all Flux (within reason), and maybe switch the shocks out, but my son's has been running fine on standard. Only other upgrades would be the chassis brace, shock and diff fluids, and I think they're decent little cars.

• Like 1

Placed the order for the MT flux 80 amp HD in silver/green, plan to do the chassis brace mod as i have suitable carbon tube, and i think i will ditch the stock radio and use my DumboRC x6 with this, i do feel its gonna make my Jumpshot flux obsolete, so that may sadly go.

There has been some mixed feelings about the MT flux due to some parts failing but for the price i feel its a winner when i see models from other very well know brands suffering lots of out of the box or 1st run fails and this is models costing more than double the Flux in  a lot of cases

Edited by Jack Reacher

Motor arrived for the daughter's pink Quantum MT. I managed to disassemble the car and get the old motor out but the pinion gear hex screw just wouldn't come out and I've mangled the hex thread. New pinion gear ordered and hopefully the new motor will get the car running  again.

Bought a blue Quantum Flux +for myself. First run out and the deans connector on the battery snapped off and shorted the battery. New battery ordered and the old one will be getting sent back as faulty. Not having much look with RC cars at the moment

On 19/06/2021 at 05:16, Jack Reacher said:

Placed the order for the MT flux 80 amp HD in silver/green, plan to do the chassis brace mod as i have suitable carbon tube, and i think i will ditch the stock radio and use my DumboRC x6 with this, i do feel its gonna make my Jumpshot flux obsolete, so that may sadly go.

There has been some mixed feelings about the MT flux due to some parts failing but for the price i feel its a winner when i see models from other very well know brands suffering lots of out of the box or 1st run fails and this is models costing more than double the Flux in  a lot of cases

In all honesty, if I could go back to the beginning I'd have bought a different brand than the Mavericks. 

4 minutes ago, Liamgreg1 said:

So the car arrived last weekend along with the batteries and charger. (Pup also approved until I switched it on 😂). 

Great toy! Can not wait to get a 3s in it and get it out properly!  

5CF55FD4-C5AA-4F3E-A701-7B3DB41C0930.jpeg

Looks good, is it the 80amp HD model

32 minutes ago, Liamgreg1 said:

I have ordered the newer HD 80amp model looks same but had the heavy duty axles and drive shafts plus a better ESC if blurb to be believed 

16 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

My new MT flux arrived, the HD 80 model, its larger than i expected for a 1/10th,  and wheels are really out of balance, have to see how it performs on first run

plan on doing a few mods, once settled with it, chassis brace, make sure wheels are properly spaced at the hex`s, get rid of the deans for an XT60

flux 1.JPG

flux 2.JPG

flux 3.JPG

flux 4.JPG

flux 5.JPG

If suggest doing the wheel spacers and chassis brace first before a run for how long it takes. 👍🏻😊 looks good though!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Seminole81 said:

If suggest doing the wheel spacers and chassis brace first before a run for how long it takes. 👍🏻😊 looks good though!

Yes i will, just waiting on some parts to arrive, tested the truck in the street and it survived smashing into my ankle, yes it drew blood and i will have a big bruise................truck has "Attitude"

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

1st mod done, lighter shock oil, wow the stuff they put in is like treacle, feels better already but may upgrade the shocks at some point

Don’t know what sludge they put in stock but it’s deff over 10k diff oil 

I know early days but what do  you think of the overall quality considering the price tag? 

1 hour ago, tomr said:

Don’t know what sludge they put in stock but it’s deff over 10k diff oil 

I know early days but what do  you think of the overall quality considering the price tag? 

Right good question and you know me...."say it as i see it" At the price point i think its very, very good value being around £140 less than say granite or big rock, thats the nearest i can compare as they are 2s-3s MT`s. The overall build seems pretty decent TBH, nothing has jumped out at me, a few things are best checked before running it in anger like grub screws on drive shafts, that pretty much goes for most models though, and a few little mods are worth doing but we are really talking pennies here, a cheap chassis brace homemade, some 15mm diameter washers on the axles behind the hex`s pennies, it worked perfect right out of the box, yes shock oil needed changing out again pennies, so on the plus side its all good and still think superb value at £179 for this HD model.

i do have a couple of negatives and they are so minor but here goes...

The TX sucks, i really dont like this model of TX, hew it works but just does not sit right in the hand and i know the range is not all that good on it, but it does the job for now, makes truck go forward/back and left/right

other issue if you can call it that, its big for 1/10th bigger than i was expecting and that is causing me a bit of a problem with storing it, but once a couple of rigs are sold it wont be a problem.

Overall at this early stage i give it 10 out of 10 for value, and not every one will agree but i really like the silver/green colour scheme

• Like 2

Nice 1 Jack enjoy it mate :good:

As for the radio , when i buy an rtr the radio is usually 1st thing replaced i dont even power it up just wheech the receiver out and stick a spekky in it lol :cheers:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

Right good question and you know me...."say it as i see it" At the price point i think its very, very good value being around £140 less than say granite or big rock, thats the nearest i can compare as they are 2s-3s MT`s. The overall build seems pretty decent TBH, nothing has jumped out at me, a few things are best checked before running it in anger like grub screws on drive shafts, that pretty much goes for most models though, and a few little mods are worth doing but we are really talking pennies here, a cheap chassis brace homemade, some 15mm diameter washers on the axles behind the hex`s pennies, it worked perfect right out of the box, yes shock oil needed changing out again pennies, so on the plus side its all good and still think superb value at £179 for this HD model.

i do have a couple of negatives and they are so minor but here goes...

The TX sucks, i really dont like this model of TX, hew it works but just does not sit right in the hand and i know the range is not all that good on it, but it does the job for now, makes truck go forward/back and left/right

other issue if you can call it that, its big for 1/10th bigger than i was expecting and that is causing me a bit of a problem with storing it, but once a couple of rigs are sold it wont be a problem.

Overall at this early stage i give it 10 out of 10 for value, and not every one will agree but i really like the silver/green colour scheme

To be honest, I think they're fantastic as well. For me the radio wasn't an issue as it's our first RCs, so they were fine. 1/10th being slightly bigger doesn't bother me as well, as it's something I wouldn't have known. But overall, I'd agree and for me again, just the few minor things like the M5 washers mod and grub/servo horn screw need doing, but ours have been fairly solid (knock on wood), and I think they're great for the price. I agree about the colour as well, it's really grown on me as originally we really liked the blue/orange scheme too. To be fair, even some of the standard Quantum's look nice (pink is cool) too and it's one of the reasons why I chose this over say a FTX Carnage. I loved the looks of it much more than those around the same price range. At any rate, hope you enjoy it 🙂 

Edited by Seminole81
  • Like 2

Bought one for my boy, and despite having the HD axles we've managed to bend one of the rear ones nonetheless!  I'll be doing the washer mod later today (if I can get the hexes off, one of which now seems tricky to remove on the bent axle).

Been running t on 3S and it's great fun.

spacer.png

Edited by Zombi
  • Like 3