• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Kyosho Nitro Tracker

Chris Down

Sooo, I’ve recently unboxed a Kyosho Nitro Tracker. I want an easy to run easy to tune general nitro basher. I believe this thing is that. Anyway she started up fourth pull and ran no problem. I start the break in. During the break in I put the car and the radio on top of two rubbish bins in order to adjust the idle. But, the wind blew the radio off the bins throwing the batteries everywhere. Now you can neutral in these things so I had a runaway in neutral. Only thing I could think of was block the exhaust pipe. I did, it stopped the engine but burnt my finger Arrrrgghhh. The joy of nitro. 

1 hour ago, Chris Down said:

Sooo, I’ve recently unboxed a Kyosho Nitro Tracker. I want an easy to run easy to tune general nitro basher. I believe this thing is that. Anyway she started up fourth pull and ran no problem. I start the break in. During the break in I put the car and the radio on top of two rubbish bins in order to adjust the idle. But, the wind blew the radio off the bins throwing the batteries everywhere. Now you can neutral in these things so I had a runaway in neutral. Only thing I could think of was block the exhaust pipe. I did, it stopped the engine but burnt my finger Arrrrgghhh. The joy of nitro. 

if you are breaking it in you dont need the car turned on at all. you can just leave it running with the radio and car off and it wont move because the servo has no power going to it to move. You can manually open and close the throttle. 

how are you finding it anyway? it has reverse and 2 speed? I have seen a couple of videos of them and although i liked the idea of it, it did look pretty slow. 

Hi, I’ve only put one break in tank through the car so far. I don’t think it will break any speed records tbh but I wanted  an easy to tune reliable fuss free nitro basher. The two speed box with reverse and neutral was a bonus. It will definitely fit the above requirements. I have two Nitro Savages  and a Hobao Hyper ST. They are more fussy

• Like 1

Good old nitro, I don't miss it! Still got a couple but the fuel is probably 3yrs old so not much good. 

That has to be one of the lesser problems if you've had nitro for a while. Our dining room table stills shows scars from when I introduced it to nitro fuel and the garage wall still has tyre marks from a runaway! 😁 

FYI, safer to block the carb to stop the engine, slightly better than kinking the fuel line. Both methods avoid burnage!