• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

KillerRC 7200 7.4v lipo battery help!

Jd101

So I brought 2 of these batteries and I'm using a Skyrc D100 charger. 

So they where in some sort of storage state and where about 30% charged. So today I tried to charge them to use tomorrow but after a 5 mins charging I noticed they both hit 57c(ish) I'm pretty sure they shouldn't get that hot but I'm not 100%. 

Yup 100%

The only thing I can think is it was warm in the house and I use a ammo box but I've charged other batteries in there with no issue. Maybe it could be my charger is faulty as the temperature was indicated on there and my cut off is set to 50c so it wasn't charging. The batteries where not hot to touch and have not balloned or vent. So not really sure to be honest. Maybe I'm charging them to high as within 10 mins it had charged from 30% to 50%  but now has decreased to 45%. IMG_20200823_183705.thumb.jpg.c33fd5206559944ce623a8c2e34dbf16.jpg

IMG_20200823_184320.jpg

IMG_20200823_183613.jpg

17 minutes ago, Jd101 said:

Might just have to risk one, set my cut off to 60c and see what happens. Its in a ammo box so can only flmae or smoke through the vent holes 

make sure the seal on the ammo box is removed, none of my lipos heat up when charging.

where did you buy the batteries and how much?

edit : concerned they batteries may be faulty ....

edit2:

Edited by Yrkoon

3 minutes ago, Jd101 said:

I got them direct from killer rc and 60 dollars each. I've emailed them but I guess there out of office until tomorrow. 

never heard of that site but something seems off, the cells in the batts or the charger, i wouldnt risk charging them inside a building :(

does your charger charge other lipos fine?

6 minutes ago, Jd101 said:

I see good reviews on them but never know and yeah will be fine I got a fire extinguisher lol and yeah never had a issue 

keep a bucket of saltwater handy just incase, if no issue before on the charger im guessing the cells are at fault, if i take a lipo straight out of something it is warm put it on charger and it cools down  :)

no lipo  should be heating up on a charger

Edited by Yrkoon

Yeah I've never really paid attention to them temps on my other batteries. But this I noticed cause it cut of the charge. And yeah maybe they've been stored for a long time.. Unfortunately only one way to find out! I'm going to see if they reply before I try anything 

4 minutes ago, Jd101 said:

Yeah I've never really paid attention to them temps on my other batteries. But this I noticed cause it cut of the charge. And yeah maybe they've been stored for a long time.. Unfortunately only one way to find out! I'm going to see if they reply before I try anything 

good that is a relief i am drunk and worried  that your house was gonna burn down or something,  just remember they contain hydrogen :)

got a  wee lipo volt tester?

Edited by Yrkoon

id agree with tug on faulty reading only time my lipos get hottish is after a hard run from the rc usually heat build up during charging is either plugs are on there way out or amps are too high.

is the charger charging at 7.2amp?  or lower? lower takes longer but will make your lipos last longer tbh