• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Car goes backwards when I press forward on the controller. Help:(

Sammyboiu

I just installed a Brushed motor to my maverick strada xb today and when I press forward on my controller it goes backwards and when I press backwards it goes forwards. And also it goes faster in reverse when I press forward. Plz help as I don’t have a lot of money and would not like to buy another car. 

Easy, Switch the wires going to the motor around, this will reverse the polarity and get you going the correct way. Hold the car off the ground when you turn it on after doing this, as the throttle trim might need some adjustment. Have fun :)

2 minutes ago, Ninetiesbeard said:

Easy, Switch the wires going to the motor around, this will reverse the polarity and get you going the correct way. Hold the car off the ground when you turn it on after doing this, as the throttle trim might need some adjustment. Have fun :)

Are you sure because it’s a brushed motor would it not dry all the components 

Yeah will be fine, you could also reverse it on the controller. The controller should have a switch marked "rev" for steering and throttle. If you toggle that, it will run the right way. Although you would need to be careful that the throttle trim doesnt need adjustment, making the car drive on its own :)

2 minutes ago, Ninetiesbeard said:

Yeah will be fine, you could also reverse it on the controller. The controller should have a switch marked "rev" for steering and throttle. If you toggle that, it will run the right way. Although you would need to be careful that the throttle trim doesnt need adjustment, making the car drive on its own :)

That’s another thing aswell I’ve tried that and it goes faster in reverse that it goes forward 

• 3 years later...