• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Torro Thread

I missed out on a new zorro brusless this  week. I was looking thro a 1/6th scale action figure site  and I found a figure iv been after for years so I was dropping hints to the mrs that !! This figure is in stock 1st time in years!!  Then said but  shop is in france  might as well have the new zorro  its here in the UK as it's to be released soon . 

So after a few  hints like that   the mrs said I bought you a prezzie it's on it's way .ooooo thanks love xxxxx 

I had the email to day saying it's on it's way  ...check the parcle for damage before you sign for it . 

It's the 1/6th scale action figure   she found one in the UK ...   mmmm dont know to laugh or cry .   

O well I finally got my action figure  one item  of the list 

time to add another item to the wants list . 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a new zorro body shell 2 weeks ago finally painted it . . Went out last night and the car went fantastic. 

I used orange scrim tape and glue which is lighter than silicon I used on the last zorro body  which made it feel heavy .

This one is nice an light .   Whole difference.  

Went out for a bash to at the beach  1st time on a real beach (sand pits lol ) and zooming around I noticed that the zorro is lifting the front wheel a lot more than previous. (Last one had a heavey body shell ) so I was thinking it was that  less weight pushing down  but then it started to get rather hard to control   ( getting  it to go straight ) . So went off the beach on to grass incase it was the tyres (road tyres  not sand ) but did the same on the grass . 

So it kept turning quick while trying to get it to go streight and roll over . 

I checked that all 4 wheels are turning ( as had sort this prob when front wheels came free )  but all 4 turned.  

So it kinda spolit my 1st beach bash . .

Why is front lifting up and then car turn an rolls . 

Its 2s lipo  outlaw with carbon chassis . 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Redback said:

Because its an outlaw, what did you expect haha.
Torque twist.

Hi m8  I know it does   but not as bad as this . My other outlaw dont twist like this one does now . ..iv even taped another battey to the car to add the weight still twist bad . .

What if i change the top plate to alloy or carbon  do you think it stop the twist as much . 

As I know the outlaw zorro does  but not as bad is it is now . .

Mind you it certainly had some sand stuck to it . Give it a good wash .. parked up till I sort it . 

How can I make the outlaw .zorro turn quicker (sharper turning circle ) 

Iv put in the new alloy steering setup  but it dont turn as quick as the carnages 

The turn circle must be   10ft  its massive  when the carnage is like 2ft  turns on a dime . 

Iv changed the servo to a 25 metal geared  one as the FTX one is rubbish . 

Cheers 

20 hours ago, Iain .R said:

How can I make the outlaw .zorro turn quicker (sharper turning circle ) 

Iv put in the new alloy steering setup  but it dont turn as quick as the carnages 

The turn circle must be   10ft  its massive  when the carnage is like 2ft  turns on a dime . 

Iv changed the servo to a 25 metal geared  one as the FTX one is rubbish . 

Cheers 

Smaller wheels, rims with a deeper offset, lighter oil in the front diff? The carnage wheels are deeply set so have  different steering geometry.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I put new wheels on mine which was of  member on here . And that helped .

The other bits the usual items  oil .lower the battery . So on there on the outlaw thread . (Same car diffrent body ) 

The new one tho seams to turn at high speeds without tipping  but no one has bought one and commented on here about it  so not sure what differance is but looking at the photos theres  different chassis.  And drive set up . 

• 4 months later...

Hi Guys,

after a bit of advice... just got a Brushless Zorro, my first rc car... seems great.

I would like to let my grandson  play with it, he is 5 so I would like a way to to turn down the max speed....any ideas,i looked at a etronix program card but that doesnt have a setting for speed???

thanks in advance

Stu

On 21/02/2022 at 09:13, Stu 57 said:

Hi Guys,

after a bit of advice... just got a Brushless Zorro, my first rc car... seems great.

I would like to let my grandson  play with it, he is 5 so I would like a way to to turn down the max speed....any ideas,i looked at a etronix program card but that doesnt have a setting for speed???

thanks in advance

Stu

You can lower the "max power" on the program card, this will reduce the speed but also might cause issues with it launching.

Edited by Redback

19 hours ago, Redback said:

You can lower the "max power" on the program card, this will reduce the speed but also might cause issues with it launching.

unfortunately  there is no max power on program card for zorro....I think a big flat field is my best bet for grandson 🙂