• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Does this look bodged?

The Trooper

Not bodged. Those holes are there for the kyosho specific gx21 engine as that has holes tapped direct into the crank case casting. The other holes are there to allow standard style mounts to be fitted to accept other engines IIRC

• Like 1

It's not bodged, But it can be a pain, A few cars have used this method including Kyosho and Thunder Tiger. The mounts screw to the plate and then the plate to you chassis, This is Thunder Tiger.

spacer.png

22 hours ago, Inferno-Chris said:

the original philips screws have been replaced with allen heads, but thats all. looks good to me.

That was me, gradually replacing the Phillips with hex

• Like 2

On 12/07/2020 at 00:54, The Trooper said:

That was me, gradually replacing the Phillips with hex

oh you dirty bugger.
not a fan of philips ?

if you ever decide to upgrade the engine, give me a shout, as i have a mount kit for that car, 2 base plates, 2 riser blocks, and bolts, that i'll sell for cheap.

what model is that? it is very similar to my old kyosho dbx, the worst nitro model i ever bought, even bought a second one second hand intact and rapidly ran out of spares :(

https://www.infernosonly.com/Kyosho_DBX_Readyset_1_10th_Scale_Off_Road_Buggy_p/kyo31096b.htm

really looks like that chassis  :(

edit : GXR18 engine mounted on 1/10 chassis that is normally seen with 12-15 size engines. Equipped with recoil starter, large cylinder head and tuned type muffler.

KYO31096B DBX GXR18 Engine

equiped with a massive fail engine that wont stay screwed down,  when it went it went just for short bursts before the buggy would break or the engine would fail  :(

not a patch on the hpi mt2 ss18 from the same era had both  😛
Edited by Yrkoon