• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Maverick Strada MT/XT/SC etc owners

On 06/09/2020 at 11:21, Hugoagogo said:

What sort of runs times are you guys getting?  My brushless does  6 minutes flat out on a 2200, think I need to buy some bigger batteries? 

I am still running nimh 7.2v battery on the brushless system using 4300mAh and 5000mAh i get about 30 and 40 mins out of them. I know lipo would be better but i am very happy with the output from nimh packs.

hi guys i have 2 strada mt,s 1 evo brushed which i converted to brushless and 1 the latest strada brushless and i must say the older one seems ssoo much better put together i hardly have to do anything too it but the new brushless one need repairs after virtually every run and it doesnt get bashed as hard as the evo. think it was a friday afternoon car lol.

i have just purchased the maverick quantum flux xt does anyone know if it is a copy or has any copies from other manufacturer as i cannot get any spares or upgrades anywhere for it.

thanks in advance Phill.

The Quantum flux is a Himoto E10 range I think.

So E10XT.

On 07/09/2020 at 22:40, JChezz said:

I am still running nimh 7.2v battery on the brushless system using 4300mAh and 5000mAh i get about 30 and 40 mins out of them. I know lipo would be better but i am very happy with the output from nimh packs.

I'm looking at getting some 5500mAh lipo batteries,  makeitbuildit have the gens ace hard case at the best price but only have 1 in stock, I'm not wanting to order from several places and get hit with multiple delivery charges. Anyone have any idea what sort of runs times I could expect? I might not need as many as I think? 

going to 5500 runtimes should increase by how much i dont know

i get 20 mins out of a 5300 mah lipo in my Hyper VSe and thats a 100A esc with a 2000KV motor 

you might notice a performance increase but you should notice more punch ie quicker of mark more wheelies if its prone to wheelies 🍻

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guys im new to the group and battery RC Cars,  i have just got a used but very clean strada MT brush-less with stranded battery Maverick Mbp-26 3000 Mah Ni-mh Battery (t-plug) 

can any one recommend a spare battery T plug fitting or battery with adaptor from amazon.

also i had read that the car is set up ready to run lipo 2s is that true ?? could not find info online..

thanks guys. 

Hi mate you will be fine to put 2s lipo in there no priblem. 

Try hobbyking for batteries you can get them in the t connector or buy connector adapters cheap enough. 

I eun 3s though mine and its a beast just have to check it over after every run. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, fiirstgear said:

Hi mate you will be fine to put 2s lipo in there no priblem. 

Try hobbyking for batteries you can get them in the t connector or buy connector adapters cheap enough. 

I eun 3s though mine and its a beast just have to check it over after every run. 

Hi thanks for your reply, do i not need to change anything like settings on speed controller  ?? sorry if thats  a daft question. 

My brushless didnt need changing but the wifes brushed did so i would check the manual if you dont have one you can find instruxtions on hpi/maverick website. 

• Like 1

Hello guys, I am new to this forum and to be fair the more advance part of the RC cars world as well. I've had a few RC cars growing up but the Maverick Strada XB evo is my latest one and the most modern I would say. Still purchased it back in 2012 though!.

Having my OH who just bought himself an FTX Outlaw brushless, and to be honest I felt sad for my poor little strada with a brushed motor. So here we are, I have upgraded it to brushless too.

IMG20201026174842.thumb.jpg.232b05f169b8ed7aa42aa5cf3ffd6094.jpg 

All going well except during my first run I experienced some cogging, after investigation it turned out to be me tightening too much my wheels... oops..

So once clear of any cogging and servicing my shock absorbers with new oil was its first run in open space. Great fun, having the pooch chasing it too! Until I hit the kerb and the car flipped over.. Result of the crash, a broken chassis just behind the front bumper , and a bent front suspension plate. 

IMG20201026173909.thumb.jpg.3fef54bb67a04963c851273313d77aed.jpgIMG20201026174001.thumb.jpg.f877e06dcbd51c0edfa167d40f0773a2.jpgIMG20201026174013.thumb.jpg.7777ca988da4656583c6ae5289d33b0d.jpg 

The front suspension plate was a lot more bent, I did bend it back a bit however so the metal is showing some sign of stress. 

So here is question time; I know where to find spare parts for the car, but I am also looking at upgrading it with some aluminium parts. I am quite interested to have a more robust chassis, but it seems I can't find any other than the plastic one. Any suggestion in upgrades? I've modified the battery securing posts to accept the bigger Lipo but fancy making it stronger to match it's new found speed.

Thanks

• Like 1

On 25/10/2020 at 15:57, chris. said:

Hi guys im new to the group and battery RC Cars,  i have just got a used but very clean strada MT brush-less with stranded battery Maverick Mbp-26 3000 Mah Ni-mh Battery (t-plug) 

can any one recommend a spare battery T plug fitting or battery with adaptor from amazon.

also i had read that the car is set up ready to run lipo 2s is that true ?? could not find info online..

thanks guys. 

The brushless ESC is ready to run lipo as is, no setting change required, you can adjust the low voltage cut out if you like though. The brushed model comes with a different ESC altogether. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Fourmiz29 said:

So here is question time; I know where to find spare parts for the car, but I am also looking at upgrading it with some aluminium parts. I am quite interested to have a more robust chassis, but it seems I can't find any other than the plastic one. Any suggestion in upgrades? I've modified the battery securing posts to accept the bigger Lipo but fancy making it stronger to match it's new found speed.

I'm not aware of any aftermarket chassis for these cars. I guess it would be technically possible to make one, but it would end up costing £50-100, making it pretty much unviable.

My advice on upgrades, as someone who has a car with pretty much all of them, it's not really worth it.

Get/make bumpers, maybe upgrade the wheel hubs and hub carrier to cheap alloy ones, servo arm and ackerman perhaps, metal wheel hex with clamping screw.

When you start looking at spending over £40-50 on upgrading the Strada is when you start to think your money might be better int a platform that was designed to a higher standard.

HSP make an aluminium chassis, you can get it on ebay or aliexpress for not much money, less than 20 quid I think.

I cnc some replacement polycarbonate shock towers and also a chassis protector for the front that seems pretty tough. They do still break but take much more of a hiding than the stock metal ones.

2 minutes ago, Darren Frosty said:

HSP make an aluminium chassis, you can get it on ebay or aliexpress for not much money, less than 20 quid I think.

I cnc some replacement polycarbonate shock towers and also a chassis protector for the front that seems pretty tough. They do still break but take much more of a hiding than the stock metal ones.

It's not a direct fit. The battey and motor/esc/servo are swapped on the HSP models. Most things will transfer over but you need a new motor mount as well.

13 minutes ago, Darren Frosty said:

and a battery box from memory. I haven't done it to mine I much prefer the plastic chassis. When aluminium bends it stays bent.

Agreed. I don't really class the Ali-Express parts as "upgrades" as much as they're just alternative parts. The Aluminium is super soft and not like the 6061 or 7075 you get with RCs that are the next level up.

The stock chassis is actually very forgiving in my experience.

2 hours ago, Darren Frosty said:

here's an idea, in the absence of a cnc router why not buy a chinese chassis for 12 quid off ebay then cut the front off, the bit under the gearbox and screw that over the top of the damaged chassis to strengthen it?

Yes could be a possibility, working in engineering myself I should be able to work something out. Something worth to think about. Thanks

Edited by Fourmiz29

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, after some good advice and a bit of shopping, I have an update. So I went for the HSP chassis and a replacement for the front suspension plate, along with the metal hex nuts (already fitted on this picture)

IMG20201104170417.thumb.jpg.6306ccc385a1a964a20278cd40131e8b.jpg

So started off with replacing the front suspension plate. Some damage clearly visible, although I had already tried to flatten it a bit.

IMG20201104171137.thumb.jpg.4a977d1dffedb6d67a973cbda249d7e9.jpg

Yes the HSP chassis is far to be a perfect match for the maverick strada evo, but at least it a good fit for the front gear box for which the original chassis was badly damaged. The front bumper was unscathed; the screws still attached to it.

IMG20201104170359.thumb.jpg.3b2b59749733998d5f2116bc350a086f.jpg

So looking at how the HSP aluminium chassis would match, it turns out the chassis is offering a longer clearance for the front bumper away from the front suspension for which I already replaced the suspension pins a few times previously.

IMG20201105174425.thumb.jpg.9db056273b71fb50bdeae8941b99ec3e.jpg

But mainly it is shorter at the back, if doing a full transfer to this chassis the drive shaft would need to be shorter and the upper straightening plate is also shortened. So not really an option.

After careful consideration having two engineer brain on the case ( one designer, the other development) we came to a consensus... I decided to saw off the damaged end of the original chassis. The front train would fit directly on the new chassis, and it became apparent I needed to keep the tub as reversing the motor and co would have been too costly.

With the front train on the chassis there was an issue with height differences when connecting it to the old chassis. It wouldn't come "home" so started playing with washers without much success or making it more complicated to fit. The day after, bright idea came to actually use the broken part of the old chassis that I did cut off the day before, right thickness ... a bit of filing and job done with the screws still having a nice engagement length.

Started to rebuild the rest, now the old tub fits the front gear box nicely and the drive shaft with the strengthening plate have the right length . However there comes another issue working with the aluminium chassis. The plastic chassis is bendy and the build of the car relies on this feature, here not so good to use the ali chassis as strengthening plate. See by yourself on the picture

IMG20201105174411.thumb.jpg.e53f58c64ae16606a2fcbc2eb241e918.jpg

So I plan to bend the ali using a vice ( taking it to work where there is a good vice)

Once this is done, plan to drill a few of new holes in the plastic chassis to secure the two nicely together.

Any suggestion for a nice bumper to fit this triangular shape? I have seen some HSP ones being foam holder but can't find the foam to fit on it.

Thanks

Edited by Fourmiz29

I think that's the wrong chassis, I might be wrong though. Looks to me like there's too much poking out one end from the gearbox.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000903279714.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.ba2f6b73o2cE06&algo_pvid=f395274a-f952-4fe9-a322-5a2d488bc556&algo_expid=f395274a-f952-4fe9-a322-5a2d488bc556-2&btsid=0bb0623916046512250928028e9caf&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

you want that one ^

Edited by Darren Frosty