• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What Motor/ESC for 1/7 2WD

Bushmonkey

Evening all. So, I've just treated myself to my 1st basher (Kyosho Scorpion XXL Kit) and decided to go Electric route. Never had a brushless motor (only brushed and nitro engine) so need some pro tips from the pros ;).

Right now I'm thinking of a motor that could hit 60/70mph like the one in the arma infraction. Also looking at 4s/6s. Unless that's too much for a 2wd, please tell me lol. Not looking for serious racing, building a fun car

I know bits about kv ratings etc but I dont understand why 1 motor with same kv is twice the price of another with same kv

Cheers guys!!

Edited by Bushmonkey

Er....... you'll need to sort the diff first, the stocker is pap. The only fix I know of is a CEN Colossus diff that requires some skillful modding to make it fit. Once done, you're good to go. 

I'd recommend 2000 to 2200. 4S will be OK, 5S fun, 6S a blast that requires restraint. 

Diff must be addressed first. 

• Like 2

Milling down the outer lip of the diff cup, I couldn't do it. 

Sort that, you're good to go. Not really what I'd class as a big air machine, but a very engaging drive nonetheless. 

I get it now, just watched a french guy on youtube, seems simple enough, I have a dremel, but there may be a chance I can just stick on on a lathe. 

Do I need the whole CEN diff or just that 1 part?? Or you can just post a link to what I need 😅 not too good at finding stuff. 

21 hours ago, Sprite5 said:

Hobbywing Ezrun Max8 motor and esc combo.

Looks great, but with the esc cabled like that, I would have to use 2 lipos every time right?? I wouldn't be able to use a battry on its own

you can use a loop lead along with 1 battery example below

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/leads-connectors/rc-car-categories/9920/992045&MSAttributeID[39]=1987

you can make your own using the right conector 🍻

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tug said:

Solder on the connector of your choice. 

I use 5.5mm bullets, then I can use single or twin packs whenever I need to. 

Are they the ones that slot together? Looking at XT90/XT60 atm, I hear good things about them.