• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Outback X 1:18 day one issues

tmc0011

Well it was the best present for my daughter ever until after it’s second charge and re connection it all came crashing down around our ears. 

drive works for literally a second and then drive fails. Steering service still worked. 

batteries, control unit, all checked nothing in any mechanism. 

no completely stopped. Just the LED headlights and occasional ESC red light flashes. 

followed manual instructions to re bind. Successful. Back to 1 second motion then nothing. Now nothing at all. 

does this sound like battery to anyone else or ......  Open to suggestions as it didn’t make it past 12 hours and daughter will be devastated. 

thanks

newbies dad

Would it not be possible to upgrade the reciever/ESC unit as the all in ones do have a terible reputation? Simple 2CH TX/RX and a hobbywinh 1060 or 1625?

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

are you using a nihm or lipo battery in it ?

if your using a nihm check manual and see if lipo cut off is enabled if it is and you are definately using a nihm disable the low volt cut off

if you are using a lipo battery then dont do that but make sure lipo is charged 

7 minutes ago, RadioFish said:

Would it not be possible to upgrade the reciever/ESC unit as the all in ones do have a terible reputation? Simple 2CH TX/RX and a hobbywinh 1060 or 1625?

I would disagree with that unless the original supplier wanted to send these parts out FOC, best guess your gonna look at spending 2/3rds the cost of the little truck to get it working again, assuming its not a simple thing like esc  set to lipo with low volt cut of

On 13/06/2020 at 11:09, RadioFish said:

I’m nearing completion of re-wiring a ftx outback mini 2.0 running a 1625 esc with separate receiver and better servo and bench test reports only are good, just need time to get it tested out properly....

as said, not the cheapest way but if it’s a Rc I like and want to keep, then price isn’t a limiting factor. 

Thanks all, good comments here. it is LiPo and the pins are set correctly. I am suspicious of the supplied charging cable not being up to it. I doubt it does any balancing. Might be worth an investment in 2nd hand charger to see what charge is in each cell and balance the charge correctly. Also connecting charger and battery in the exact order stated by modelsport, who wouldve thought connecting in an order makes a difference. im clearly in need of learning lots about RC and LiPo.

Thanks