• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

WL Racing 144001 1/14 buggy clone

Bigjimknickers

On 17/06/2020 at 22:02, capri-boy said:

Typical WLToys hit n miss QA from what i'm seeing, and people spending so much on LC parts / upgrades they may have well as bought the LC.  Price is creeping up (like everything RC atm) too.

How's your's @Bigjimknickers ?  I raced the LC I bouhgt from you for prob 18mths before building another from a kit to a silly spec, and yours went to another racer to use.

I used mine once on 2s & then it’s since sat on the fridge!

bought as an impulse buy from cabin fever I’m afraid!

Bought one a few weeks ago (like others, lockdown cabin fever toy).

Sure, it's a bit noisy, and you can see where costs have been cut but it's great fun to drive. We've been taking it down the local skate park and trying not to bash it too much. It's very fast (pulls a wheelie on WOT) but steering is accurate, brakes are good  enough to set up a slide and shocks are good enough that it doesn't skitter about too much even flat out on poor road surfaces. It's also survived a good few cartwheeling crashes without any issue.

Sure, probably not a patch on the car it is cloned from but still a great wee toy. As a bonus, turn the throttle DR all the way down and a 5 year old can drive it pretty well.

I certainly don't feel cheated out of my £75.

Even the tyres are pretty good.

Just my thoughts.