• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

WL Racing 144001 1/14 buggy clone

Bigjimknickers

19 hours ago, c0sie said:

Isn't this quite a close copy of the LC Racing EMB-1?

i'd be interested to see more photos of it id you ever strip it down at all! :)

Looks a pretty good copy IMO

Is that a 540 can in it as well?

Think it's marketed as XK models?

There's a group on Facebook for these, quite a few have changed to 540  brushless system as it has a 540 brushed already in them ,they aren't  made of the strongest materials but they have many parts interchangeable with the lc racing emb-1. Direct drive no slipper, slightly different diffs.

There's a few doing speed runs too getting pretty good speeds.

Edited by silone74
  • Like 2

Took it out for a quick blast on 2s while walking the mutt, handles nice enough, not fast enough for me & im a crap driver! quality is ok for the price, I mean it cost me £60 delivered! a bit of wobble on one of the wheels/driveshafts but for a cheapo car ill bang a 3s Lipo in it next then if it dies, ill grab a 3650 goolrc combo 7 wedge that in there!

• Like 1

Lc racing put out an statement about them not having anything to do with this buggy wltoys have copied it as they do with some other brands too, I am on the group on Facebook as I was interested in seeing the comparison to the lc's and have seen the amount of broken buggies and seen some that have been ok but they definitely aren't as durable as the lc racing vehicles

3 minutes ago, silone74 said:

Lc racing put out an statement about them not having anything to do with this buggy wltoys have copied it as they do with some other brands too, I am on the group on Facebook as I was interested in seeing the comparison to the lc's and have seen the amount of broken buggies and seen some that have been ok but they definitely aren't as durable as the lc racing vehicles

I deliberately kept out.  I'm not averse to clones, but being so invested in the LC's I don't think I could remain objective!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, silone74 said:

ive owned the mini 8 & the lc racing & this isn't a patch on them, they are simply a cheap clone, noisy drivetrain, Phillips screws, etc, personally ill replace it with an LC racing buggy when I can afford one/source one. so yea I agree it'll not be as durable no way but £60 rtr with a Lipo & charger! super buggy for someone to get into the hobby, just not for us 'hobbyists' really, imo.

• Like 1

I agree it is a good price and nice little buggy for a starter car although some of those on the Facebook group have made them pretty good with the brushless systems and alloy parts they are getting some pretty good speeds out of them lol, some are modding them so much they could have bought lc racing twice over.

23 minutes ago, Bigjimknickers said:

https://www.tomtop.com/p-rm7718.html

Wonder if I can squeeze that in there?

Raise the body mounts you'll squeeze that esc under there lol, I stuck a massive esc in my original emb-1 by raising the mounts and stuck it on the top deck,the top deck is a little different on this buggy but I can't see why an emb top deck wouldn't be a direct replacement 

Edited by silone74
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Typical WLToys hit n miss QA from what i'm seeing, and people spending so much on LC parts / upgrades they may have well as bought the LC.  Price is creeping up (like everything RC atm) too.

How's your's @Bigjimknickers ?  I raced the LC I bouhgt from you for prob 18mths before building another from a kit to a silly spec, and yours went to another racer to use.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, capri-boy said:

Typical WLToys hit n miss QA from what i'm seeing, and people spending so much on LC parts / upgrades they may have well as bought the LC.  Price is creeping up (like everything RC atm) too.

How's your's @Bigjimknickers ?  I raced the LC I bouhgt from you for prob 18mths before building another from a kit to a silly spec, and yours went to another racer to use.

It does seem a bit weird buying a cheap buggy and then spending more than double or treble it's cost on upgrades to make it something that the lc racing  buggy is almost straight out of the box 😁

I searched for it on ebay.. 62quid posted brand new

Also saw a bunch of metal parts as upgrades by wltoys (from china) too incase things break which they always do.

Attached a screenshot. 

Wondering if I should buy this for my little 1

Screenshot_20200618-021521_Banggood.jpg

Edited by riz-trucksta

4 hours ago, riz-trucksta said:

I searched for it on ebay.. 62quid posted brand new

Also saw a bunch of metal parts as upgrades by wltoys (from china) too incase things break which they always do.

Attached a screenshot. 

Wondering if I should buy this for my little 1

Screenshot_20200618-021521_Banggood.jpg

Stay clear of alloy arms, you'll just be moving the damage to the gear box housing. 

You find that a lot of these "upgrade" bundles aren't great quality I'm afraid.

• Like 1