• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Alternative Motor?

themissingelf

Having gone round the houses on spec for my son's FTX Outback we decided to order the original motor to replace the broken one...

Seems as though it went out of stock with a wait until 15th May for delivery... Looking now for an (affordable) alternative.

The FTX has a bracket that fits to the front of the motor, using the 2 screw holes shown in this picture. Is the presence and location of these screw holes standard across all brushed motors? Thanks.

(Any recommendations on motor (pref from Modelsport because that's where the current backorder is placed...) welcome!) It's a 15 turn but not adverse to something  a little slower (to reduce the frequency my son seems to break the car!)

spacer.png

51 minutes ago, themissingelf said:

Having gone round the houses on spec for my son's FTX Outback we decided to order the original motor to replace the broken one...

Seems as though it went out of stock with a wait until 15th May for delivery... Looking now for an (affordable) alternative.

The FTX has a bracket that fits to the front of the motor, using the 2 screw holes shown in this picture. Is the presence and location of these screw holes standard across all brushed motors? Thanks.

(Any recommendations on motor (pref from Modelsport because that's where the current backorder is placed...) welcome!) It's a 15 turn but not adverse to something  a little slower (to reduce the frequency my son seems to break the car!)

spacer.png

This slightly slower...

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/absima-550-motor-buggy-truggy-brushed/rc-car-products/388314

Thank you. Much appreciated. I couldn't see the front of the housings to check the screw configuration but I'll work something out if it's not the same.