• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Garden bashing 1:10 or smaller?

champ222

Hi all.

I was thinking today how id like to have something cheap and cheerful for bashing round the garden with the kids.

The kids are 2 and 5, so id be worried that if i tried to use the 1:8 buggy and truggy, they might get hurt, plus the garden isnt particularly big, and the 1:8s would quickly run out of space.

I looked about and stumbled across a youtube vid of a 1:14 buggy. I forward which one it was, hut it looked spot on. From what i can see though,  the 14 scale cars are pretty pricey. And seemingly all discontinued? Unless im looking in the wrong place.

The garden is a bit uneven and the grass is fairly long. I could cut it shorter i guess, but i wonder if anything smaller than 1:14 might be a bit too small to run outside?

Also, id quite like to run it on 3s... reason being that id quite like to run the truggy on 6s, so id get two 3s batteries, and use them here as well. A short run time on the truggy would be fine.

I didn't see so much in 1:12, but there is obviously plenty in the 1:10 category. I like to build the car, i already have radio, so id prefer a kit really. I stumbled across the Absima buggy and truck kits and price wise, at about £70 ish they are about right. I can pickup some cheap esc, motor and servo second hand and should be able to fit a 3s with no issue.... but that 14th scale buggy looked so cool! Haha

What say you msuk collective?

Cheers

8 hours ago, champ222 said:

They do have an emb1 for about £140 but most were sold out, which made me think they were a discontinued model. Ill check them out a bit more.

Cheers

With them being made in China they've no doubt had issues getting stock for a few months now. This  bank holiday weekend they've also got 5% off!

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can just give me an honest answer on which on the three rcs I have chosen too get? I'm a beginner so not looking too race or do any bashing or anything like that. #1 HIMOTO EMXT-1 PRO BRUSHLESS ELECTRIC 4WD RC TRUCK LATEST Version 

#2 HIMOTO RACING KATANA BRUSHLESS TRUGGY 1/10 ELECTRIC RC 4WD OFF-ROAD 2.4G LATEST VERSION

#3 HIMOTO RACING BRUSHLESS TRUCK BOWIE PRO 1/10 RTR 4WD OFF-ROAD ELECTRIC 2.4G LATEST VERSION

the missus got attracted slightly recently and I got her the Latrax Tenton Pink which does run nicely in our small-ish garden - the little one 2.5y'o is still on the TA MT28 before I probably need to start handing down a model ..

17 hours ago, r4nd0m said:

the missus got attracted slightly recently and I got her the Latrax Tenton Pink which does run nicely in our small-ish garden - the little one 2.5y'o is still on the TA MT28 before I probably need to start handing down a model ..

Same with the la trax, how does it cope on long cut grass?

I do keep looking at the Absima 1:10 scale cars. They do a buggy, a truggy and a monster truck. The buggy and truggy can be had as a kit (nice) a brushed rtr for not much more and a brushless version with what seems like pretty good kit for around 200 ish. The monster truck doesnt come as a kit. 

Not a lot of chatter about them though

Thanks

2 hours ago, champ222 said:

Same with the la trax, how does it cope on long cut grass?

Thanks

depends what you consider long grass I did cut the grass the week before and it arrived on the weekend - worked fine the tires are actually bigger than I expected

Edit: attached Latrax 1/18 next to the TA Reflex 14b 1/14

31D201B6-9435-4F6D-845F-64DCB12F33C5.jpeg

Edited by r4nd0m

14 minutes ago, champ222 said:

Ok cool. Thanks. 

How is the reflex on the grass?

I actually havent tried it on the grass but I would think the tires arent really suitable for it and due to it being quite low it may not even work at all ..