• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

1060 regret?

Am I going to regret ordering the Hobbywing 1060 instead of the 1080 for my SCX10.2???

As far as I can tell, the most significant difference is the lack of a drag brake?

Hmm. Probably not, i *think* the 1080 just has more bells and whistles, and a higher output current? correct me if im wrong, but ive used both and couldnt really tell them apart, other than using 3s on the 1080

Yes you will definitely regret it.

The amount of programming available on the 1080, coupled with the included programme card make it a complete no brainer in a crawler.

The internal BEC is a lot better, you can programme from memory 12 different functions, which isn't possible on the 1060.

The drag brake on the 1060 is either on and off, which is good in very very limited circumstances.

Pay the extra, you won't regret getting the 1080.

The 1060 is basically an either on or off ESC... They are good and reliable, but between the two theirs no contest.

Edited by Oh How Original

Thanks all - I've been pleased with the 1080 fitted to my RC4WD so   I guess I should make the switch  for the  SCX10.2 and then, perhaps, fit the 1060 to the Tamiya CC01 or  my son's FTX Outlaw (or save it for when I succumb to buying a non-crawler / road car) 😆...

Edited by themissingelf
  • Like 1