• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Paul's MT410 Thread

Paul Busby

Does anyone know one that is available in the uk that could fit, even if it takes a bit of modding?

i would really rather not pay for T-Bone as it always gets customs charge, and the price is high to start with. 

Even if you just have ideas on ones that might fit, post them up and I’ll have a look/think. 

Edited by Paul Busby

Personally I would try cut an arrma one on mate, they're pretty robust but would probably have to be attached in some sort of wing support type arrangement, dunno not looked at it really..

I must admit I do have the T bone one, but I also bought an Arrma one for it to try maybe sometime...

• Thanks 1

There's also alternative to T-bone wheelie bar ( which have a flaw because uses part from stock rear bumper) It's not that cheap at all but very solid and works well . Unfortunately not in UK (delivery time is quite long as well )

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/4000045437421.html?pid=808_0000_0109&spm=a2g0n.search-amp.list.4000045437421&aff_trace_key=de1d28dd0a994976abeb3d017acf2afc-1582661174366-07996-UneMJZVf&aff_platform=msite&m_page_id=4144amp-Ob32BrOH9XzmV3VsPQyA5Q1582661235794&browser_id=3c63795b17844744b366ec7346e33a45&is_c=N

• Thanks 1

The wheel was from  my stash think it’s a HPI savage one 🤷🏻‍♂️  The rest is just nuts and bolts I had knocking around 

skid plate is a Mattox 

Dont have my MT410 anymore was a beast but got feed up replacing the rear diff housing no matter what I did I just kept striping out the tiny part between the bearings and eating ring and pinions 🥴 

There is a fix out there of an alloy housing but it’s super expensive 

The wheel was from  my stash think it’s a HPI savage one [emoji2371]  The rest is just nuts and bolts I had knocking around 

skid plate is a Mattox 

Dont have my MT410 anymore was a beast but got feed up replacing the rear diff housing no matter what I did I just kept striping out the tiny part between the bearings and eating ring and pinions [emoji3061] 

I love the way it drives so much I'll gladly pay for one if I start having that issue, but so far mine has been ok. I've seen (and I think you previously mentioned) there is a mod you can do with a flanged bearing that helps the problem a bit.

I've not even had to strip the MT down once, all I've done I had the motor out for cleaning and trying (and failing) to fit a cooling fan... I've also changed the pinion... that's literally it

This thing has tumbled all over the place.

Love it.

There is some chinesium wheelie bars on eBay that are probably clones, worth a punt for a tenner.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

The wheel was from  my stash think it’s a HPI savage one 🤷🏻‍♂️  The rest is just nuts and bolts I had knocking around 

skid plate is a Mattox 

Dont have my MT410 anymore was a beast but got feed up replacing the rear diff housing no matter what I did I just kept striping out the tiny part between the bearings and eating ring and pinions 🥴 

Thanks. 

There is no need for allu gearbox. Seth Holtz diff mod fixes the problem. Flanged bearing, some spacers plus shorter drive shaft works a treat. Never had a problem, even after some big sendings. I've broke shock piston, chew up composite spur and obviously cracked the body . Other than that nothing broke. It's a really good quality RC.

• Like 1

Drive shaft going to have to come from the USA so looks like this one might be on the back burner.

I haven't pulled it apart but pretty sure I killed a diff today so need to decide if I hold my MT out of service for a while [emoji848]

Hardly seems worth pulling it apart only to do it again in a few weeks.

Yes, unfortunately, I couldn't find it anywhere in Europe. Ordered from Asiatees, and it was a very long wait.

1 hour ago, Paul Busby said:

I haven't pulled it apart but pretty sure I killed a diff today so need to decide if I hold my MT out of service for a while emoji848.png

Center?

Yes, unfortunately, I couldn't find it anywhere in Europe. Ordered from Asiatees, and it was a very long wait.

Center?
Rear I think [emoji17]

I've been busy since the bash so haven't checked.

Oh well...it might be the problem which mydoddy69 mentioned, you'll find out. When You will do gearbox mod, use a red or orange threatlocker on set screw (between pinion gear and drive shaft)
No it was caused by something far more embarrassing [emoji38]
  • Haha 1

On 07/03/2020 at 18:23, mydoddy69 said:

skid plate is a Mattox 

Not a pro, but reading into this failure it sounds like it is caused by the driveshaft knocking / bashing into the pinion output shaft which in turn will ruin mesh and also crack that gearbox housing?. This movement would be caused by the flex on the whole rear bulkhead with relation to the chassis on big landings. 

Personally I have had no issues yet with mine other than bodies and a few rod ends and it has taken a repeated beating. I am however running the M2C braces - which would make it virtually impossible to induce any flex!...

The flanged bearing solution will solve the issue by spreading the load and also potentially with that shorter driveshaft....

On 08/03/2020 at 10:05, coda_zac said:

Thanks. 

There is no need for allu gearbox. Seth Holtz diff mod fixes the problem. Flanged bearing, some spacers plus shorter drive shaft works a treat. Never had a problem, even after some big sendings. I've broke shock piston, chew up composite spur and obviously cracked the body . Other than that nothing broke. It's a really good quality RC.

Yep did that mod made it last a little longer but sadly for me it didn’t fix it 😢

23 hours ago, stimpy said:

Not a pro, but reading into this failure it sounds like it is caused by the driveshaft knocking / bashing into the pinion output shaft which in turn will ruin mesh and also crack that gearbox housing?. This movement would be caused by the flex on the whole rear bulkhead with relation to the chassis on big landings. 

Personally I have had no issues yet with mine other than bodies and a few rod ends and it has taken a repeated beating. I am however running the M2C braces - which would make it virtually impossible to induce any flex!...

The flanged bearing solution will solve the issue by spreading the load and also potentially with that shorter driveshaft....

I also used braces tried homemade ones and ones I bought from Germany you only need a slight hard hit on the rear in the right place and it’s enough to shunt the gear housing to crack that bit of plastic. Granted I didn’t swap out the rear driveshaft I just dremeled a touch off it maybe not enough though. 

I will be straight up though the truck to more of a beating then any other rc I have ever owned 👍

7 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Yep did that mod made it last a little longer but sadly for me it didn’t fix it 😢

Probably because you didn't change the driveshaft.  Stiffening the chassis helps in this case also - (m2c center brace). Never heard anyone damaged gearbox after full mod with braces. And I'm not easy on mine, not the best driver either