• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

DJI Mavic Mini pics

hebby

Thought I would share a few pics of my first two flights with this little bad boy in Orlando Florida, Cleareater beach and Miami Beach. 

Orlando and Clearwater first and Miami later as there still on the memory card. 

go_photo_1576417042745.thumb.jpg.5b1e793df979178421749580d6f2270e.jpggo_photo_1576439812201.thumb.jpg.c433ee7599f5627e910ef80f24881746.jpggo_photo_1576440164419.thumb.jpg.32a142d78965c29b8fe2004fa6ec8853.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 20/04/2020 at 15:53, Bigjimknickers said:

I bought one too, cracking little drone.

I'm tempted with the Mavic 2. Look great, but I'm also tempted to get a FPV racing drone setup, I think that would be more fun.

On 09/05/2020 at 18:02, Nick said:

I'm tempted with the Mavic 2. Look great, but I'm also tempted to get a FPV racing drone setup, I think that would be more fun.

As a novice myself (even though I've had the P2, P3S, Spark & CX20!) I love the fact that this is a far lower risk/cost to the mavic £800 plus drones I find I panic sometimes that makes me not enjoy flying & flying £1K above my head is just a no go! £369 is a fantastic price for these, so far ive used mine more than any of the other drones, except the cx-20 which got me hooked.

I have a Parot bebop 2 which I've used a few times mainly due to be been too worried about someone reporting me despite staying 50m away etc. Was always paranoid. 

Then the drone registration/operator stuff came in for 250g upwards which was the final nail in the coffin for me to fly without someone calling the five-0.

This is under 250g so would I need to register it and what laws applies to it? Very tempted at the price point if there is not loads of loops to jump through!!

On 12/05/2020 at 16:14, Derka said:

I have a Parot bebop 2 which I've used a few times mainly due to be been too worried about someone reporting me despite staying 50m away etc. Was always paranoid. 

Then the drone registration/operator stuff came in for 250g upwards which was the final nail in the coffin for me to fly without someone calling the five-0.

This is under 250g so would I need to register it and what laws applies to it? Very tempted at the price point if there is not loads of loops to jump through!!

No! no need to register! thats the beauty of it, ive done my caa test but this doesn't need it all you need to do is stick to the rules, lots of people think as its under 250g that they can then fly anywhere, not so.

read up, stick to the rules if anyone bugs you tell em to F off comfortably knowing your doing no wrong.

• Thanks 1

Awesome

1 hour ago, Bigjimknickers said:

No! no need to register! thats the beauty of it, ive done my caa test but this doesn't need it all you need to do is stick to the rules, lots of people think as its under 250g that they can then fly anywhere, not so.

read up, stick to the rules if anyone bugs you tell em to F off comfortably knowing your doing no wrong.

Awesome, might replace my Parot Bebop 2 with this. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/05/2020 at 12:21, hamradioguy said:

I was going to buy one of these but you have to use the DJI Fly app with it and even though my phone is only a year old the app isnt compatible with it

so I am looking at other quadcopters.

I hope my Galaxy A6 2018 is compatible.

Although tbh, I thought about buying a small tablet for it anyway, just for the bigger screen.