• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

'What shall I ask Mrs Christmas for?

Fat Freddy

Ok so I have an ftx Vantage which has been hugely fun. Even though I’ve probably spent more time fixing it than using it. I only use it for bashing, it’s never seen a track.

Its a bit of a mongrel now with parts from other cars and truggy wheels/shell on it. It’s still a work in progress, but I have a yen for that new rc feeling. (on a v tight budget)

I tend to take it up local trails and quarry’s where out and out speed = breakages. 

So I was thinking about a crawler....

The Carisma coyote sca1e kit in particular. I like the idea of building from a kit but I’d have to save up for the transmitter and electrics later.

Or, for much less there’s the ftx Mauler RTR (which includes a transmitter etc but I’d guess is less capable?)

But I’m not sure the snails pace of an out and out crawler would still have that fun factor. I kind of want something halfway between the two. Is it a realistic goal to set up a crawler so it still has a modest turn of speed when required but still retain some of its crawling ability?

Advice and suggestions please... I have a Christmas list to write for Mrs Santa 🎅 

Axial 1/24 scx10 for me. I'm getting the tot one. 

Good little indoor Lego climber I hope plus build side but thats not looking all that big tbh. I've followed alittle but doesnt seem to be the hit the losi 1/24 was. 

Mayb the outback thingy for out door cheap trails or a used scx10. 

• Like 1