• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas Maxx

Fly In My Soup

I consider myself someone who dislikes Traxxas as a company, but to be honest, if this wasn't overpriced, I would have considered buying it.

This price point is too much for a 1/10 IMO, people complained at Arrma for releasing 1/10 stuff at over 400.

This is closer to 600 from what I have seen, which just seems insane to me, but that might be just me, maybe I am out of the loop.

16 hours ago, mond said:

That's my problem too plus the aftermarket. RC cars is probably one of the few markets in the world where it's accepted that you buy a product then immediately have to spend the same again to get it to work. Traxxas has improved on this in it's 3 more recent releases but why is this tolerated by anyone? If I go to buy a washing machine, then immediately have to spend another £300 to make it work reliably, I'd be getting a refund. The same applies to almost anything else. 

Aftermarket performance increasing parts are a different matter but parts just to get stuff to run is wrong. If Traxxas can finally break that stigma them great, that's a win for the consumer.

I like upgrades even if not needed it's making it your own and wanting it to be better. 1/1 too. That's probably where it comes from mainly. Being a max power / fast car kid to fast and the furious it's almost art or expressive. I did it with my mountain bikes too like all my friends. It's your ride representing you lol. 

But agree you absolutely want the stuff included to be usable. Even if it's just so it has ok resale value lol..

Wait a blooming minute what's the likely hood of the body fitted a monster slash? Could the rustler quick mounts be budged on or the maxx ones even. Seems about the same size wheelbase. That might be cool. 

As someone who is a big self-proclaimed Traxxas fanboy (I've owned and spent far too much on the Rustler, E-Maxx and Slash 4x4).

I don't really like this whole closed chassis design, Traxxas isn't the only one to be doing this though. I see the reasons behind it but I like the space to do my own thing with them, the E-Maxx was great for that, loads of chassis space to put a big motor and batteries in.

However the almost bulkless diff/suspension tower thing gets me excited as it reminds me of the UE Bulkless for the E-Maxx in their mouth watering 7075 aluminium...

5d6a9903bbe58cc3bc87e90a103144fd.jpg

Personally I've always preferred anything but flat chassis, the flat chassis just lacks soul. Cars like the Savvy and old E-Maxx were hard to work on, especially out in the field, but were still great machines that had character. 

I do like these Traxxas chassis, they look and feel more like something than nothing. However, as Nick says, limiting motor choice is annoying. 

I think its hard for me to get my head around the cost when they call it a 1/10 truck.

but if you look at the actual size its basically a 1/8 size rc with 1/8 scale electronics. .

when I think of 1/10 I think of things like the savage xs flux. with 1/10 scale electrics

I used to think traxxas were cheap plastic toy grade rc cars until I saw the prices.

my first traxxas rc was the UDR which I absolutely love. get the surface rite and its one of the most fun rc cars I have ever had.

if I was in the market for a basher this would probably be up there.

4 hours ago, collective itch said:

I actually quite like this, but the price is way off imo. They have used a fair few shared parts, so there r and d line doesn't wash. Sub 400 id prob have bought one, but  nearly 600 quid is eye watering.

Shared parts with what ? 

21 hours ago, Oh How Original said:

I consider myself someone who dislikes Traxxas as a company, but to be honest, if this wasn't overpriced, I would have considered buying it.

This price point is too much for a 1/10 IMO, people complained at Arrma for releasing 1/10 stuff at over 400.

This is closer to 600 from what I have seen, which just seems insane to me, but that might be just me, maybe I am out of the loop.

Maybe, this isn’t cheap but nowhere near the most expensive 1/10th monster truck just look at the MT410 just shy of £380 for a kit no electrics no wheels and tyres and no body shell 

7 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Shared parts with what ? 

Maybe, this isn’t cheap but nowhere near the most expensive 1/10th monster truck just look at the MT410 just shy of £380 for a kit no electrics no wheels and tyres and no body shell 

Yeah but Tekno is flawless.

This won't be.

Just look at the original, they might iro out a few details but I dare say there will be issues.

1 hour ago, Oh How Original said:

Yeah but Tekno is flawless.

This won't be.

Just look at the original, they might iro out a few details but I dare say there will be issues.

No the tekno isn’t sadly like any rc I’ve come across it has a few 😕 and considering it’s price point it should be like you say flawless 

15 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Shared parts with what ? 

things like drive shafts, diffs. But actually in hindsight, maybe that's it lmao.

1 hour ago, collective itch said:

things like drive shafts, diffs. But actually in hindsight, maybe that's it lmao.

Nope driveshafts are all new same as the diffs as far as I’m aware this shares no parts from other traxxas models mind you still waiting on traxxas to release more details so I could be wrong 🤷‍♂️

16 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

No the tekno isn’t sadly like any rc I’ve come across it has a few 😕 and considering it’s price point it should be like you say flawless 

I've seen a lot of folk say the Tekno range is about the best you can buy.

I still think this is too much for a 1/10 RTR, I was actually quite keen until I saw the price.

1 hour ago, mydoddy69 said:

Nope driveshafts are all new same as the diffs as far as I’m aware this shares no parts from other traxxas models mind you still waiting on traxxas to release more details so I could be wrong 🤷‍♂️

Calling it now. Next generation slash will have the same running gear.

27 minutes ago, Tug said:

And why do people keep saying CD? Traxxas aren't into CDs, they have their own cush-drive, but personally I'd prefer a CD. 

Perhaps there referring to the centre diff ie centre bias 🤷‍♂️ 

32 minutes ago, Tug said:

Diffs are from the V2 ERBE. That's what I read. 

Should be plenty strong enough then so that a plus also just read the wheelie bar wheels are from the x maxx lol 

1 hour ago, mond said:

Calling it now. Next generation slash will have the same running gear.

And why not makes perfect sense to use new parts on other new models all manufacturers do it 👍

1 hour ago, Oh How Original said:

I've seen a lot of folk say the Tekno range is about the best you can buy.

I still think this is too much for a 1/10 RTR, I was actually quite keen until I saw the price.

There an awesome truck Dan and should be the best money can buy at there price point, but there still not without there flaws 

I base scale on wheel size. 

The hpi savage XS is 1/12 scale tho with 1/10 running gear and 2.2in rims..

The trx stampede 1/10 with 2.8in rims. 

The E revo and Tekno Mt410 1/8 with 3.8in rims. 

It's getting silly confusing cant manufacturers just stick to that method too lol. I honestly thought the mt410 was a 1/10 scale for weeks after it came out. 

Now I'm confused on this Maxx so I'll just ask what size wheels does it have I was hoping its 2.8in.  Like a true monster of a 1/10 scale wheel nuts not rings. Wheelbase is similar to my slash 4x4. 330mm?  I thought it's like a super charged next level 1/10 scale. Like a full mod old trx 1/10 went 4s in the end. These start out as that level. 

I wonder if the mini xmaxx is next though bcos this is just the maxx. 

Xmaxx. Maxx. Mini maxx. Line up? 

But ofcourse theyd release this first to hopefully have maxx owners all queuing up for the cutie to sit beside their monster maxx. Releasing announcing both at once this might nor sell as good. Surly most xmaxx owners will want it just bcos it's the smaller version. 

Erevo and merv thing. Only three tier this time.  I think that could be the plan a good one too. Fingers crossed it comes as hpi XS size and capabilities. But more durable. 

Toes crossed the price comes down. Even if it from an over saturated used market I can wait. 

Edited by RCbutcher