• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Nitro tmaxx 3.3 or nitro revo 3.3 which one better

Ben world

both same engine power but id say the maxx a slight tougher basher where the revo will perform better on the track or racing both solid rcs either way :) i had  a maxx years ago tough truck just didnt get on with the 3.3 engine :( swopped to a pico engine and ran like a beast then !!

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/08/2019 at 18:10, Bajadre said:

both same engine power but id say the maxx a slight tougher basher where the revo will perform better on the track or racing both solid rcs either way :) i had  a maxx years ago tough truck just didnt get on with the 3.3 engine :( swopped to a pico engine and ran like a beast then !!

Thank you reply. lm looking for nitro truck to bash, wheelie and big air jumps and some offroad dirt and gravel . Think nitro tmaxx 3.3 be strong enough to bash off-road. Don't want to race truck on track.

• Like 1

yeah id say a monster truck would be better then  Ben have you looked at the hpi savage nitros? id rate them alot stronger tbf than a xmaxx both older designs but the savage is one tough MT and the hpi nitro engines are pretty good could find a second hand one with a nice pico engine etc

• Like 1

Having just bought a T-Maxx again I can say it's not weak. The 3.3 is a good engine and easy to tune on 25% nitro. It may be an old design but it works, like the Savage, both have a huge following and why change something that has works so well for so long.

The points to look out for, if you're buying an older T-Maxx that has OptiDrive, this doesn't work well with 2.4GHz radios so you'll want to take it out. It's basically an old style failsafe. If you get one with reverse, that's fine, mine has it but I'm most likely going to put the forward only conversion in. Other than that, it's a decent truck.

Edited by Euphoria

No idea what is going on there...

My original T-Maxx was the first 3,3 version and that was bomb proof apart from a run in with a Ford Focus. I rarely broke anything on it and that wasn't for the want of trying. That's why I went for another one this time around. So far so good too. Granted I haven't jumped it hard yet but flat out tumbles are common and it bounces back wanting more. I've had a couple of Revos in the past too, also great trucks. For me the T-Maxx is my favourite on looks. Performance wise, the Revo wins hands down.

Edited by Euphoria

i had a revo and a maxx, i think the max was lighter, and more "entertaining" to drive. the revo used to eat shock rod ends, but was quite tough part form that. Id beat on a revo much more than a t maxx, so depends on how you use them imo. Savages are also great trucks, i still have one. They are 1/8 though where as revo and maxx are 1/10 imo.