• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Thinking about buying a Talion...

jjl5590

Hi guys,

I've got a Tekno EB48.3 running a 1512 sized motor and it's decent. Tops out at about 65mph.

I'm looking for something faster and thinking about buying a Talion. Would a 1717 can size motor fit in it? I'm thinking of putting one in and gearing it up

Cheers

That's with 'speed gearing'. 

I'd like to keep that gearing (or higher) for everyday running including speed runs

The 1717 is fat, not sure on the mount used in the Talion, but it may not fit due to its girth. 

Also, it's lower kv will mean gearing it to the moon to get the speed you're looking for. 

Don't forget to vid it!

1 hour ago, mond said:

I bet you could just add more gearing to the EB48 and make it go faster than a Talion. Get the EB a GT body and it will go faster than any truggy. 

Gearing it for 65mph already puts the motor at around 80 degrees C without a body 

53 minutes ago, Tug said:

The 1717 is fat, not sure on the mount used in the Talion, but it may not fit due to its girth. 

Also, it's lower kv will mean gearing it to the moon to get the speed you're looking for. 

Don't forget to vid it!

Yeah the can diameter is what I'm not sure about... 

45 minutes ago, mond said:

The Talion's motor mount doesn't allow for much expansion. The TLR 8ight T 3.0 has an angled one which will allow for a fatter motor. 

Cheers. There go my plans then!!

I cant see a talion being faster than a et48.3 on the same gearing. The tekno is much lighter and you would think the drive line is smoother and has much less loss. 

The new version 4 Talion with the sliding motor mount might have the space your looking for..??

Just checked my Kraton and it has about 5-6mm under the motor before it hits the chassis..??

What diameter is the 1717....??

I doubt the new or old motor mount on the arrmas will cope with such a heavy motor can to be honest. What’s the need for such high speeds ? Bashing anything at 60mph will destroy it in the end 

maybe look at different kv motors and up the volts in the Tekno ?