• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HRB Lipos

mydoddy69

Hi all after some advice anyone use HRB lipos ? Are they any good ? Worth the money ? Are they just like those cheapo floureons ? 

Seen these think there pretty good value but don’t want to irder them if there a waste of cash and time lol 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F113232779208

They get really good feedback in the groups I’m a member of on FB. So much so that I’ve  got 4 of their 3s 6000mah packs for the UDR, so I’ve been impressed so far.... I bought all mine from Amazon Prime 

• Thanks 1

as above I have 4x 4s  6000mah I run in a fg 4wd and they have been faultless ..

Seems like there okay then, heard some worrying stories  they’d sag bad under heavy load, bad then others say there fine so thought best ask here as well ??

Thanks chaps 

I've been looking at the 6s 6000mAh ones but can't decide..? problem is the Turnigy's are cheaper..!!

There are a lot of people on the Arrma forum that use the HRB's and they all say good things about them..??

6 hours ago, BashingBrian said:

I've been looking at the 6s 6000mAh ones but can't decide..? problem is the Turnigy's are cheaper..!!

There are a lot of people on the Arrma forum that use the HRB's and they all say good things about them..??

Similar thing the Turnigy graphenes are only a tenner more and I hear nothing but praise for them but HRB have a higher mah ?????

I’ve seen mixed reviews about Graphenes? Much like Nanotechs, it seems a few dodgy cells slip through GC and HK warranty can be pain, but with HRB’s if anything does wrong Amazon will look after you 

• 1 month later...
52 minutes ago, TheDriver said:

Just amazon prime ordered a pair of HRB 6000mAh 50C 3S XT60.  £44 each.

Thats what I ran in my UDR and now I’m using them in Typhon, very decent packs for the money 👌 

Well I ended up buying the HRB 6s 6000mAh got a great price even better than the Turnigy..😁

Happy with them so far...😁👍🏼 but I think my next set of batteries will be 4200-5000mAh.

Me personally, I don't see much difference with the 6000 vs 5000 in run time and at the end of the day 5000 are always cheaper..👍🏼

It's a shame the hard case 3s packs are so thick. They are really short and fat, so I they wouldn't fit in my current battery tray. 

HRB,s arrived from amazon, cells look reasonably balanced. I hope they last longer than the Floureons. Although to be fair the Floureons were just left over winter in storage and ignored for 6 months or so. Perhaps I should have nudged em back up to 3.8v every few weeks ?

bat1. 3.79 3.80 3.79

bat2. 3.80 3.79 3.79

I just measured the resistance of all my batteries and the Turnigy batteries i have are the lowest out of what i have. The turnigy heavy duty is the lowest. 

In terms of batteries i have broken I have broken a power plant 4s hard case, turnigy nanotech soft case 4s, and a gens ace soft case 3s.

20 hours ago, Jumper said:

I just measured the resistance of all my batteries and the Turnigy batteries i have are the lowest out of what i have. The turnigy heavy duty is the lowest. 

Silly question..

In terms of measuring resistance how do you do it and for what purpose..?? also I'm guessing lower is better..??

2 hours ago, BashingBrian said:

Silly question..

In terms of measuring resistance how do you do it and for what purpose..?? also I'm guessing lower is better..??

The charger measures it. Lower is better yes. you can also use a multimeter as will, but you have to be careful not the let the probes touch otherwise it will short. 

Also they are normally lower after they have been used or been charged, so its best to measure them when they have been in storage charge for 24 hours, just to be consistent.

batteries.thumb.jpg.d361c3d90d34e0aebccde0d847fd6f8a.jpg

Edited by Jumper
  • Like 1

Here’s my 6s packs after a run in the 5ive

8-E8-F2-F0-A-20-CB-44-C3-BB94-36-DBAA6-B

01-FA9-DDD-2451-4920-8-FE9-F0282-C286-CA

68-C93384-C820-4-B4-B-9321-8-C78-E728-FE

Ive never really taken much notice of IR unless a cell goes out of balance, I’m more worried about a even cell voltage after a run 👍 

yeah, the best thing to do when you buy them check them. They should all be close to each other. You can see on my overlander, one of the cells is going bad. It does poof up a little bit tbf.   

• Like 1

aj....i need a new lipo charger and just by coincidence it seems you are using the exact one i have my eye on I think

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/skyrc-ultimate-d250-ac-dc-balance-charger/rc-car-products/420735

Is it any good pal...im currently using an overlander rc6-vsr which is a single lipo charger...I want a dual charger.