• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Recommend me a strong steering servo

As per title, my Gelande currently has a servo which is described by RC4WD as "adequate for trails and light crawling" and is "153 oz-inch at 6v".

I'm finding it quite inadequate actually, maybe something to do with a large tyre footprint but the upshot is I need a stronger servo.

Can any of you guys recommend me a good strong reliable servo? I'm guessing I'll need about £40-60 for a decent one? But that is only a guess.

35 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

As per title, my Gelande currently has a servo which is described by RC4WD as "adequate for trails and light crawling" and is "153 oz-inch at 6v".

I'm finding it quite inadequate actually, maybe something to do with a large tyre footprint but the upshot is I need a stronger servo.

Can any of you guys recommend me a good strong reliable servo? I'm guessing I'll need about £40-60 for a decent one? But that is only a guess.

Is your servo a std size 1/10?  you could try one of these..... Savox Logo £20.69 from Modelsport https://www.modelsport.co.uk/

Savox SC-0254 Standard Size Digital Servo (Speed) SAV-SC0254MG

Savox Logo     
£20.69
Savox SC-0254 Standard Size Digital Servo (Speed) SAV-SC0254MG
  • Like 2

agree with KORB  a savox on duty or decent hitec for pure holding power/torque :)

ive been using one of these cheap servos in my truggy for a few months now cant beat it for price either

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/alturn-usa-high-performance-race-servo-high-torque-/rc-car-products/359784

defo a decent servo on steering duty on my 1/8th etc :thumbsup:

Edited by Bajadre
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Savox 1256TG is all the servo you will ever need. I've been through a lot of others, some have speed, some have torque, some have both but are very power hungry. The 1256TG seems to have some magic ingredient that gives both whilst running from very modest BEC's. Absolutely bullet proof to go with it. 

Create an alert on Ebay to pick one up for £20 - £25. 

• Thanks 1

The Power HD 20KG red and blues are pretty good for the price. About £13 - £17 delivered off of EBay from Chinese sellers. 
The red isn't marked as water proof but it uses a waterproof case with o rings and seals everywhere. 
The blue one is marked as water proof and it as a conformal coating on the board inside. But since it uses the same waterproof case as the red one, it's maybe better if you submerge your rig often
They make around 23KG as well at 6v in real world testing

The Turnigy 959 is also a great servo. It's not waterproof and is marketed 30KG at 6v but in real world testing makes approx 40KG. Even if you have weighted 2.2's with soft foams it will turn them no problem. But you need a good BEC