• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Norcos tekno mt410

norcoforever

Its a shame nobody in the UK stocks T bone. i bet they would sell loads :P i like how the tbone bumper is thicker than the whole chassis plate. 

20190126_14140120190126_14291520190126_14504520190126_15140920190126_15141420190126_15143020190126_15151820190126_16263720190126_16352320190126_17153220190126_17424620190126_18115420190126_19411420190126_19412120190126_19451520190126_194527

So first things first the quality of the kit and instructions has been incredible. The shocks especially though I do believe the alloy shock caps I have fitted to be essential. The beetle body does not mount particularly well and I suspect it will not last forever. The plan for tomorrow is to get the body fitted and most of the electrics at least test fitted.

• Like 1

Not been on here in a while but I’ve had one of these from the very moment they where released, sadlytheres a big flaw and it can be annoying as well as costly !  So what it is you ask ? 

The rear diff housing ! It supports 2 bearings that hold the output pinion in the housing, there’s a tiny lip that stops them from moving back and forth sadly this tiny lip fails with either heat or hard hits causing the casing to be useless but more annoying is the damage it causes to the ring and pinion when it fails as the miss mesh eats the teeth in some cases which is exsoensive to replace. 

Solution not heard of one yet ??. Currently trying out some flanged bearings and spacers so I’ll update soon if it helps ??

Fir a kit this expensive you’d thin Tekno would sort the issue ?

Just now, mydoddy69 said:

Not been on here in a while but I’ve had one of these from the very moment they where released, sadlytheres a big flaw and it can be annoying as well as costly !  So what it is you ask ? 

The rear diff housing ! It supports 2 bearings that hold the output pinion in the housing, there’s a tiny lip that stops them from moving back and forth sadly this tiny lip fails with either heat or hard hits causing the casing to be useless but more annoying is the damage it causes to the ring and pinion when it fails as the miss mesh eats the teeth in some cases which is exsoensive to replace. 

Solution not heard of one yet ??. Currently trying out some flanged bearings and spacers so I’ll update soon if it helps ??

I must admit I've not heard of anyone having this issue even those bashing them ridiculously hard ? tbf mine will never ever see that much abuse.

Can't progress with mine any more atm as the servo I intended to use doesn't fit ? repreplacement ordered hopefully get it finished next Saturday all being well :)

• Thanks 1

Just now, mydoddy69 said:

There is a solution to this.

You need a flanged bearing and two shims to go inbetween to the bearings. This on the MT410 facebook group.

Parts needed are:

Boca flanged bearing 5x13x4
SMF695-2RS

Boca regular bearing 5x13x4
MR695-2GS

HPI shim 5x7x1.45

Serpent shim 5x7x1.00

Credit goes to Seth Holtz and Brian Bailey on the facebook group.

I haven't managed to get the serpent shims, but have found others of the same size on modelsport.

image.thumb.png.4c059b9a4887b323502af6ca891e6e37.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, monkeyboy_uk said:

There is a solution to this.

You need a flanged bearing and two shims to go inbetween to the bearings. This on the MT410 facebook group.

Parts needed are:

Boca flanged bearing 5x13x4
SMF695-2RS

Boca regular bearing 5x13x4
MR695-2GS

HPI shim 5x7x1.45

Serpent shim 5x7x1.00

Credit goes to Seth Holtz and Brian Bailey on the facebook group.

I haven't managed to get the serpent shims, but have found others of the same size on modelsport.

image.thumb.png.4c059b9a4887b323502af6ca891e6e37.png

Yep I’m trying something similar ??

41 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Is the problem to do with chassis flex..?? and the output pinion moving..??

3 minutes ago, BashingBrian said:

Is the problem to do with chassis flex..?? and the output pinion moving..??

I thought that but even with the chassis braced it happens it’s just a weak spot I guess. Remember the mt410 is a bitsa truck ie bits from this and that kit made into one so maybe the rear diff case was never designed to take the hits and power folks are using hence the problem ? 

13 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

I thought that but even with the chassis braced it happens it’s just a weak spot I guess. Remember the mt410 is a bitsa truck ie bits from this and that kit made into one so maybe the rear diff case was never designed to take the hits and power folks are using hence the problem ? 

I was just thinking the parts are shared so is this more of an issue when running 6s and doing big air? I'm only looking to run 4s and it will never see a skate park lol

I think its is from the standard chassis flex even with bracing. The new M2C chassis is suppose to be much better. i posted the video of it in the MT410 thread. Its not a cheap fix though, like that flanged bearing  XD 

@norcoforever Wow thats a nice color, heavy metallic flake bet it looks really good in the flesh..!! And I thought the Mashers looked big..?????

@Jumper Yeah I saw the cost ? of the M2C chassis when Rich Duperbash was testing it...!!!

Still want one though..???

• Like 2

On 27/01/2019 at 13:43, norcoforever said:

I was just thinking the parts are shared so is this more of an issue when running 6s and doing big air? I'm only looking to run 4s and it will never see a skate park lol

I only run 4s 1950 kv motor 16t pinion I’ve had it happen on both big jumps or small ones ?

On 27/01/2019 at 13:53, Jumper said:

I think its is from the standard chassis flex even with bracing. The new M2C chassis is suppose to be much better. i posted the video of it in the MT410 thread. Its not a cheap fix though, like that flanged bearing  XD 

Thing is on such a high end kit we shouldn’t need to go spend big on chassis upgrades Tekno should address this issue would be so much better if they just made the flange thicker or inserted a metal flange into the moulding. I think that’s what gets me more Tekno are not stepping up as the monster truck is more a by product and not a race line of there’s ?

19 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Thing is on such a high end kit we shouldn’t need to go spend big on chassis upgrades Tekno should address this issue would be so much better if they just made the flange thicker or inserted a metal flange into the moulding. I think that’s what gets me more Tekno are not stepping up as the monster truck is more a by product and not a race line of there’s ?

Maybe they will release a MT410.2 at some point with updates :D

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BashingBrian said:

Please, let me know what you think of those batteries..?? and report back..

Thx

Iv been using the turnigy heavy duty 3s lipos for a while now and they are very good. Extremely good value for money

• Like 1

Its beautiful mate rhe front bumper and rear has me jealous i really wanted mt410 too but couldnt press it. I was ready thinking it had proline rims/body included then found out no rims and talked myself back to it. But then found out not the body either i thought how hard can it be then. One buggy with a truggy brother and mash them togeher. A bitsa truck i like it. 

I chose the vorza/d8t but then d8/d8t and it has about 4 models parts fitted lol. 5th mayb looking at these bumpers. Especially the rear one is that a Tbone rear/wheelie or something or tekno/tbone parts? 

Thats a cool trick for the diff cases theoretically it should hold up fine much better with the bearings flange sandwiching everything in. 

• Like 1

On 01/02/2019 at 21:32, RCbutcher said:

Its beautiful mate rhe front bumper and rear has me jealous i really wanted mt410 too but couldnt press it. I was ready thinking it had proline rims/body included then found out no rims and talked myself back to it. But then found out not the body either i thought how hard can it be then. One buggy with a truggy brother and mash them togeher. A bitsa truck i like it. 

I chose the vorza/d8t but then d8/d8t and it has about 4 models parts fitted lol. 5th mayb looking at these bumpers. Especially the rear one is that a Tbone rear/wheelie or something or tekno/tbone parts? 

Thats a cool trick for the diff cases theoretically it should hold up fine much better with the bearings flange sandwiching everything in. 

The bumpers are both tbone racing as I found they offered a great blend of style and function. I've looked at lots of models and the only one that came close is the revo 2.0 but that will need replacement servos, replacement tie rods and sooner rather than later replacement wheels and tyres and so worked out even more expensive than the tekno. I've taken my time with the build and everything has been done to the very best of my ability 

20190201_19453220190201_19550920190201_20164220190201_20220920190201_21111820190201_211127

Edited by norcoforever