• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Storage ideas, show me yours

wiggles

I know have 4 cars and loads of radio gear etc.

What good ideas have you guys got for books or something to hang the cars on the wall maybe or something like that? Don't have a lot of space only some smaller draws but need to get some boxes to organise the spares etc.

Keep them in the house as have no garage and shed is too full/damp. Do people still use ammo boxes for lipo storage?

But getting a bit fed up of keeping them on the dining room table...

Yeah, storage is a bit of an issue, i have quite a few planes, mainly flying wings, so the cars dont have a lot of room, really i should have just one car, and if and i say IF i end up getting a Tamiya Dynahead, the rest will have to go, however i am liking the FTX mauler pickup more and more, so this could end up being my only car..........at some stage

When I had loads of models of various sizes I used to use L brackets, bare in mind some of mine were 15kg+ so they needed sturdy support.

But now I just use a couple of brackets on the wall and my SCX10 sits on a shelf I put above my bench.

Pretty simple way to keep them off the floor and get them out of the way.

As for radio gear and batteries, I have some shelving for my ammo tins which house my LiPos and chargers and I've got another small bracket my transmitters go on.

I should take some pictures but it's nothing vastly different from anyone elses.

The selving systems are a great idea. they are really cheap too, much cheaper than anything I could find on IKEA.

I do like the simplicity of the first photo though. Maybe it cold be done by just cutting some wooden dowel and knocking it into holes drilled in a board?

You could actually add in a shelf for charging, and another for tools.

Bought myself some shelf racking today just got to put it up and will update later with pictures! Thanks for the ideas.

I was going to make one like the above but the whole shelf system cost me about £30 so wasn't too bad