• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losing Signal after 30 Meters

Glencmp

Hi there, so a quick update on the FS Racing 1/5 Iron Fist. It’s now Fitted with the 4x4 Kit a K&N Filter and the Tuned exhaust, and although the weight has increased so has the speed!!! The 4x4 doesn’t seem to help it much, it’s just spinning!! If you give it the Beans, so I was wondering if I’ve installed the 4x4 wrong? Can you install it wrong? Anyways I digress.

there is something around our area that upsets the cars but with my old GS Racing Nitro I bought a Absima System and it works a treat. But the FS Racing System That came with the car seems to be getting worse? So I can only control the car about 30m away before it comes to a halt, you can pull the trigger and there is a delay of around a second then the car can bust into life. Now I’ve taken the car up into the forest nearby and it’s nearly as bad, I can get nearly 50m and the car dies.

im stumped.

All batteries freshly charged.

As the car has a 3ch Receiver I thought, Just get a Flysky as I think it’s the same thing, the Receivers are identical. But then I thought why not get another System? But I need to make sure I’m doing nothing wrong before I get another system.

this does seem slightly worse since I installed the K&N as the Ariel has now a small kink so I can keep it straight

Any thoughts?

thanks once again for any help

cheers

Glen 

You couldn't really install it wrong, it's more than likely you're not running thick enough oil, that being said, 4wds do still spin up a lot, people often just assume it fixes any wheelspin, but often it doesn't.

If it's gradually getting worse, it might just be an inferior item and it's dying, failing that it could be interference from a surrounding pylon or something similar.

But to be fair, these cheaper radio systems sometimes do randomly fail, for 30quid (or that's what they were last time I bought one) maybe just try another.

Kinks in the aerial won't help and should be avoided too.

• Like 1

Thanks for that. I maybe shouldn't have said Kinks, it's just bends no more than around 45 Degrees. It's just enough to keep the Ariel straight.

it is a bit weird as we have no pylons for miles, but there is something!!.

This car is Brand new, about a Month old, but I'll get another system just to see.

4x4 - I'm a bit worried now as I put loads of Copperslip on the Diff at the front, as I noticed it had Copperslip on the cog in the middle of the car... so should it be changed asap and what might be a good oil/grease?

thanks once again

Glen ?

I noticed that when I got the car, there is a big cog in front of the engine and it was covered in copperslip, so I'm thinking If that cog has it, I'll stick it in the Diff? Is that a no then ?? It seems to run ok but then again it's not been Dogged to death and ran for 2 hours, it's been 10 mins here and there. So you recon it should be changed?

I've ordered  a new system, but I'm going to pull apart the current one to see if I can pin point anything.

Ok, just a quick update, so I purchase a Flysky GT3C and the first thing I noticed was the Receiver antenna was slightly longer than the one on the car, but the car antenna doesn’t look broken? Anyway fitted it up, really carefully to make sure it’s not snagged, and tried the old girl out, and off she went for miles!!! So I’m not too sure what’s happened but at least it’s fixed ? So thanks for all the help ?

The absima cr3p is about the best TX and Rx I have ever used, your flysky gt3c is effectively the same unit in a different housing. The length of antenna isn't important, it's the stripped section of exposed internal wire that gives you the range.

Essentially there needs to be about 28mm of external wire cut back to expose the plastic coated inner core.

Pay no attention to the overall length of the receiver wire, just the 28mm of inner core on show.

Sent from my P9000 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Thanks RevoMikey, Its all a bit weird as it doesn't look like its been cut or snapped off, but Im getting next to no rage with it, but once the new T&R was installed it worked perfect, but I dont want to throw away the other bits, but Ill need to test them to see what Broke :) 

• 1 month later...
On ‎03‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 15:09, RevoMikey said:

The absima cr3p is about the best TX and Rx I have ever used, your flysky gt3c is effectively the same unit in a different housing. The length of antenna isn't important, it's the stripped section of exposed internal wire that gives you the range.

Essentially there needs to be about 28mm of external wire cut back to expose the plastic coated inner core.

Pay no attention to the overall length of the receiver wire, just the 28mm of inner core on show.

What is the point of the receiver wire that protrudes from the housing then?