• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Redcat Rampage R5 1/5 brushless MT

Fly In My Soup

Lamest video I have seen for some time.....

Filmed so you have no idea of speed, and just shot in the street outside some blokes house. flat ramp jump over a kerb. Amateur YouTube kids mostly do better, and they are not slapping an 'official' logo on the start. I would be ashamed to post that for me....let alone for a business.

shows nothing, raw footage, poorly done.

Hope they put more effort into the truck.....

• 3 weeks later...

Meh, it's a decent attempt - the actual chassis design looks pretty good with some solid components. Better electrics than the Xmaxx considering the first mod Xmaxx owners do is fit HW gear. 

However, as much as i'm starting to dislike Traxxarse and their antics, the X is very hard to beat IMO.

If you want true 5th scale then I'd stick the MTXL wheels on a DBXLE, which is a fantastic bit of kit. Or get an Xmaxx V2, accept that 5th scale MT stunt trucks are perhaps unworkable due to weight, and live with a smaller, lighter truck and better run times.

• Like 1

As noted REDCAT are distributor brand, named as such to hit the american market where names with an eastern tinge don't sell well.  They do seem a little more forward looking that some though - they have a rebranded Hong Nor SCRT10 that looks good.

Soo......

after a few short runs....the wheel hex rounded, the wheel melted, the CVDs fell apart and the bumper fell off. Again.

This is on a new truck, being run on sand....which should be relatively light on the drive train with the spinning, so I would have to say...this thing is not a good truck. Great that they told Redcat about it...but the truck is unlikely to change much. Just not a good design and not well put together.

• 3 weeks later...