• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Lc racing lc12 B1

silone74

There's plenty running 2838 motors in their truggy, the stock truggy 2850 motor is actually pretty good as I have one in mine running 20t pinion it is performing very well, I put a tenshock 6850kv in my sons emb-1 and it didn't last that long even on 2s but the leopard motor I run in my lwb emb-1 is still going strong it is actually one of the best motors I have in all of the mini's if you can get one I recommend them although I am not too sure they are readily available now.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1053410821381691/

This group is not bad and I bought a few spares from Jonny Pinky Baker who was an importer for lc racing and couldn't be beaten on prices although I am unsure if he still does sell it might be worth asking him 👍. Truggy motor was £34 including postage from him.

Si

Edited by silone74

I looked for the Truggy motor but could only find one in Germany for €50 plus shipping, tbh I want to stick to sourcing stuff in the Uk so I actually have a chance of it turning up in a reasonable amount of the time because of CV....

• Like 1

I bought the truggy motor direct from Jonny for £34 including postage. I bought the truggy body from him also for £10, might be worth seeing what he has, the lc12b1 he was selling for £164. He is UK based.

Si

Edited by silone74
  • Like 1

That's a great price,  I was looking to buy one but I have the lwb emb-1 and truggy aswell as the mini 8 and gtb still but no doubt I will talk myself into getting one soon enough  I recon .

Si.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, .AJ. said:

Still no motor...... Should have been here Tuesday 

DMS uses the same sorting office as we do, it's been very slow around north London for a last week and a bit. However normal couriers don't seem to be having the same issues. 

Amazon have given me a refund on something as it didn't arrive within a few days, it's only worth £2 but I suppose with prime if it doesn't arrive within a day or two you get money back. 

I've put the car on hold until my new hexs arrive and a few other small bits. My new 3d printer is keeping me busy. 

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

Bored, so just ordered the kit to convert to a Truggy from DMS, its the complete conversion kit, so I’ll have a long chassis, centre shaft and top brace in the sales soon 

https://www.dms-racing.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_category_id=456&virtuemart_product_id=38125&Itemid=

Hmmm - might be interested in them spares.  Could convert the lads MT (SWB) to SC (LWB) for which I already have a spare shell.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me the battery tray measurements for this, I am leaning more towards getting one when they're back in stock 😆

15 minutes ago, silone74 said:

Can anyone tell me the battery tray measurements for this, I am leaning more towards getting one when they're back in stock 😆

I'm using velcro which works well. 

101x35 without the strap and using velcro, I  did have. 2200 hobbyking battery and with the cables it's was tight fit. 

• Like 1

I have just checked some nano-tech 2200  that I have that are shorter than the normal ones that I use in the emb, they aren't selling them any more on hobbyking I just had a quick search, they've been in storage for quite a long time they might not charge, I got them with a gtb and only used them for a short time before storage charging and putting away.

I'll probably check them when I have the buggy ready.

On 02/05/2020 at 19:05, Alex97 said:

I started this a few weeks ago...

20200502-185634.jpg
20200502-185928.jpg

Once finished it should allow you to use a 540 motor if you wanted too. I haven't got a 540 motor to try it with  mind you! 

Ive always wanted to fit a 540 in mine, would help loads with the speed challenge. Can JUST about squeeze a 540 in the front mounted position.

Are you considering getting it CNC'd? Or would you mind sharing the files so i could look into it?

3 hours ago, pieman5 said:

Ive always wanted to fit a 540 in mine, would help loads with the speed challenge. Can JUST about squeeze a 540 in the front mounted position.

Are you considering getting it CNC'd? Or would you mind sharing the files so i could look into it?

Send me your email and I'll send you the files, still a work in progress, only this is I don't have a 540 motor to test it with. I'd suggest before getting one CNC have a few printed. If you want a hand with that then I'm happy to help. 

Only issue for normal running is due to the small spur gear you'd need at least a 25t pinion at minimum if not bigger,  for a speed run this wouldn't be an issue as no doubt a 35t would fit with little to no issues.

Edited by Alex97

• 1 year later...