• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hello from beautiful Burnley........

Hiya!

After 49 years I finally got my first RC car this Christmas, a Tamiya Plasma Edge II buggy. ☺️

Loved building the thing, enjoying playing with it even more.

It's survived being jumped on by small grandchildren, crashed into kerbs and my appalling newbie driving & maintenance  skills. 

Have also applied to joined a club (Bury Metro), just waiting to eventually hear back from them.   

Enjoyed reading the forum, had lots of great advice and very good service from Rossendale Models and from some friends from another forum who also happen to post here (waves at Wiggles and Northwind). 

Could never afford an RC as a kid, had to be content with drooling over the Tamiya boxes on the shelves of Beatties in Manchester. 

Thoroughly enjoying my midlife crisis so far and already looking for a second model to complement the Tamiya.

Addictive, innit?

Edited by Rusty Spanner

• 1 month later...

Welcome rusty and you're not too far away from me either so if you ever get stuck n need to find anything out then just post it up n you'll get loads of great advice and help from the members on here mate coz they're a good bunch :)