• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Maverick MT guide price please...

jack-t87

Hi, i have found a used maverick MT for sale, i believe its the brushed model, all I know is that only one wheel moves according to the seller. I've asked whats wring but that is all he knows. I'm assuming he means when driven and possibly a diff issue. What other possibilities and what would a working one be worth? Cheers. 

I wouldn't pay more than £40-50 at most. They are prone to diffs , wheels hex rounding and driveshafts bending / flying out. I suppose the real answer is " little as poss " 

5 hours ago, jack-t87 said:

Hi, i have found a used maverick MT for sale, i believe its the brushed model, all I know is that only one wheel moves according to the seller. I've asked whats wring but that is all he knows. I'm assuming he means when driven and possibly a diff issue. What other possibilities and what would a working one be worth? Cheers. 

This is the one local to me - mansfield area?  I assumed it was missing driveshafts, common niggle with the MT.  Plastic hexes are plastic hexes, £5 and some alloy ones and it isn't an issue (nor have I come across the plastic ones being a particular issue on the strada anyway).  Diffs are actually pretty good when you consider the price point - i've seen 4s run through them without instant self destruction.  

£40-50 is too much though, a runner in reasonable condition would be £60-70 - unless i knew the issue was just driveshafts I wouldn't put more than £30 in.

4 hours ago, capri-boy said:

This is the one local to me - mansfield area?  I assumed it was missing driveshafts, common niggle with the MT.  Plastic hexes are plastic hexes, £5 and some alloy ones and it isn't an issue (nor have I come across the plastic ones being a particular issue on the strada anyway).  Diffs are actually pretty good when you consider the price point - i've seen 4s run through them without instant self destruction.  

£40-50 is too much though, a runner in reasonable condition would be £60-70 - unless i knew the issue was just driveshafts I wouldn't put more than £30 in.

In derby Yeah, I was thinking 30 tops, I'm just after a cheap mt for my girls to use outside as they love my hyper 7, but I'll only let them steer it while I use the throttle! 

21 hours ago, jack-t87 said:

In derby Yeah, I was thinking 30 tops, I'm just after a cheap mt for my girls to use outside as they love my hyper 7, but I'll only let them steer it while I use the throttle! 

Did you buy it?  I've a lead on a new in box one for £75....

On 08/06/2018 at 17:34, capri-boy said:

Did you buy it?  I've a lead on a new in box one for £75....

No I havnt, couldn't get a response from the seller regarding postage cost. If I end up with a bit more cash to spend I'll let you know, but currently I was just after something very cheap that may or may not need some minor tinkering. 

Edited by jack-t87

2 hours ago, jack-t87 said:

No I havnt, couldn't get a response from the seller regarding postage cost. If I end up with a bit more cash to spend I'll let you know, but currently I was just after something very cheap that may or may not need some minor tinkering. 

Where are you? You can collect it from mine just off the 38 near derby - I've had it added to my order this month, it'll prob arrive by next weekend.