• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Snapped drive shaft help

Can anyone out thwre help me with this problem i made.

I was trying to caliberate my esc on my crawler and it went bezerk,  it drove the qheels and they caught in my jeans and with the shear torque it snapped thw inner drive shaft on the front.

They are the Chinese axlea off fleebay and i can't find spares. Are these a copy if any others? These are brand new axles so i need a spare inner.

Thanks all

J

DSC_0256.JPG

The best thing to do would be to remove the shaft and measure it. Easy to remove the shaft once you have the wheel off.
More than likely you'll find a same size shaft, (might want something with a brand name) and then check your slipper clutch as you'd really want that slipping before you break a drive shaft!
Martin over at RCbitz sorted me a replacement shaft delivered next day a month or so ago so you should be back in action quickly [emoji106]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Looks like 110mm. There is also a pin to release the cvd but how the hell do you get the red ring (oo-err) off?

For being a crawler and taking some abuse the drive shaft is pi$$ poor in the way of strength. This bust on my trousers assaid I previous post.

Ignore the dog hairs,  the mat is out ofthe back of the car and is about to get jet washed. ( not my car,  hers...Jeeze,  I don't even take the lids in mine let alone mutley!)

J

DSC_0260.JPG

DSC_0262.JPG

DSC_0261.JPG

Edited by yoodoo

8 hours ago, DartmoorTrails said:

The best thing to do would be to remove the shaft and measure it. Easy to remove the shaft once you have the wheel off.
More than likely you'll find a same size shaft, (might want something with a brand name) and then check your slipper clutch as you'd really want that slipping before you break a drive shaft!
Martin over at RCbitz sorted me a replacement shaft delivered next day a month or so ago so you should be back in action quickly emoji106.png

Just found it. Its an Axial SCX10 inner axle. 

Thanks for the heads up on rcbitz but I stay well away from them as they charge extortionate prices.

I have just looked at their website and they are charging £35.99 for two shafts and the same two on fleebay are just £5.68. Yes,  they are the same. I beleive ina healthy profit but thats ridiculous. 

J

That's a lucky save mate. So the axles use std scx10 shafts or copy of std scx shafts. It makes the axles more appealing if shelf parts fit. Yeah rcbitz are scandals  £100+ bodies they cloned from old toy grade. I thought they was a cheap brand until suddenly they was mad prices like is that your out of stock price lol. 

1 hour ago, yoodoo said:

Thanks for the heads up on rcbitz but I stay well away from them as they charge extortionate prices.

I have just looked at their website and they are charging £35.99 for two shafts and the same two on fleebay are just £5.68. Yes,  they are the same. I beleive ina healthy profit but thats ridiculous. 

J

Ahh but, one will be Axial branded, the others not. The wear rate on the cheap ones are poor, whereas the axial ones in my scx10 have seen a good few years use and still performing strong.

in my opinion, it’s definately better to spend a little more here. But your money, your call. :good:

26 minutes ago, RCbutcher said:

That's a lucky save mate. So the axles use std scx10 shafts or copy of std scx shafts. It makes the axles more appealing if shelf parts fit. Yeah rcbitz are scandals  £100+ bodies they cloned from old toy grade. I thought they was a cheap brand until suddenly they was mad prices like is that your out of stock price lol. 

Rcbitz is a distributor for Rc4wd, Axial, Ssd. Yes some of his prices are a little more expensive than others but if you think £100 for a bodyshell is scandalous, maybe try looking at the drift scene, a Lexan shell, body kit, paint, lights, detailing can come in well over £200.

also thought it was a good thing supporting uk business like rcbitz?

personally dropped a couple of hundred this last weekend and my lad 120 with him. Discounts galore too but probably because Martin is a friend.....

21 hours ago, DartmoorTrails said:

Martin over at RCbitz sorted me a replacement shaft delivered next day a month or so ago so you should be back in action quickly emoji106.png

I totally agree with keeping your local shop going and ultimately agree with the oem parts having substantially more wear time than the cheaper options but if you use your crawler day in day out i lnow that the best option are factory spec parts. But i rarely use any of my RC's so what ineed them for my best bet would be for the cheapies.