• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Any FTX Carnage/Bugsta non standard shell pictures?

If you have a Carnage or Bugsta with a non FTX shell could you post a picture please? Oddly for a popular car, I am finding it hard to find one that fits and looks good. All the Proline shells are quoted with a wheel base of 320mm, 250mm or 270mm, Killer Bodys do some amazing looking preprinted shells but come in 325mm and I have no idea what this would look like on the 295mm Carnage chassis.

It's a bit battered now but it's had a hard life.

I've Gorilla taped the inside which has certainly helped but there's a huge difference in quality and thickness between the Pro-line and the original shell.

Worst smash was absolutely flat out into a concrete fence post. Broke the front bumper, most of the front suspension, and snapped the chassis but the shell escaped with a 10mm crack.

It's spent so much time sliding along the road upside down that it's worn the back corners through though!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

I will be fitting this same shell to my carnage 2.0..........thought i was gonna be first to do this but as usual late to the party, mine is gonna be sprayed gloss black, should set of nice with the newer chrome wheels. Seeing that this little "Haymaker F100" fits i should think most of the similar shells would go on

Edited by Jack Reacher

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This started life as a Vantage, I put on carnage wheels, and a cheap trophy truck body from a Himoto something or other. Never really liked it, then one day, well, what can I say, I got carried away.

Fits awful, but I quite like it. I am using it as a template for another half arsed, badly executed body shell project..... watch this space.

Yes, I know. I should clean it before taking pics.

Edited by Fat Freddy
Deleted pics to make space
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...