• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FiD dragon hammer voltz edition

Fly In My Soup

4 minutes ago, rushboy2004 said:

maybe they will in time once product is proven - don't want to risk the hobbywing name on a new product

that's what I don't understand, hobbywing said no 12s in distant future, is that no esc or no esc till ztw proven?

• Like 1

Just now, saviown said:

that's what I don't understand, hobbywing said no 12s in distant future, is that no esc or no esc till ztw proven?

Not sure dude, maybe this is better discussed in a separate thread!!!

All I know is, I like any company that pushes the boundaries of rc performance, hw or others!!!

Can't wait to see this voltz edition given a real pasting like tug said.

One thing I did notice, FiD failed to maintain (and have since lost) there website???

Just now, saviown said:

maybe hobbywing just don't see a demand for the product, (they might have to order 10000+ units and don't think they will sell)

3 minutes ago, rushboy2004 said:

maybe hobbywing just don't see a demand for the product, (they might have to order 10000+ units and don't think they will sell)

I'd have one, possibly two, in a heartbeat! 

Here's some more pics, direct from Ellen xu at FiD, thanks again Ellen your a star!!

voLKwFg.jpg

DynVb6t.jpg

Au9MyxJ.jpg

A0L6r9c.jpg

pOsOIrV.jpg

NEkyp5t.jpg

Pretty sure I put a small up close sneak peak video up on this news thread last night......

Anyone know why that's been deleted off, and why the edit article function has since disappeared for me??

Edited by Fly In My Soup

That is a seriously good looking truck, the Vekta was ugly from day one, this makes it look even uglier! 

No way I'll be able to afford one, but what's the word on prices? 

50 minutes ago, mond said:

I'd happily take a roller and run it on 8S. It's still a considerable amount of power.

My X2 runs fine on eight cells, and that's using a 520kv. I would have preferred to see FiD use a motor circa 500kv on this kind of voltage, 12S is an enormous amount of power! It's actually getting close to the maximum safe touch-voltage in the UK, hence why sites insist on 110 Volts (55 Volts to earth) or cordless. 

3 hours ago, .AJ. said:

The close up vid is still there, I think you can only edit a news post for a certain amount of time 

Oh...its disappeared for me?? Lol, I questioned Whether I even posted it....think I'm losing my mind....

1 hour ago, Tug said:

No way I'll be able to afford one, but what's the word on prices? 

I would expect the price to settle around the dragon hammer petrol edition, roughly £1200-1500

14 minutes ago, Tug said:

It's actually getting close to the maximum safe touch-voltage in the UK, hence why sites insist on 110 Volts (55 Volts to earth) or cordless. 

Eeeek...didn't even think of that....that much voltage and amps could easily kill.....let's hope it doesn't earth through the chassis after a tumble, driving in the wet would also be interesting!

Il be getting my hands on one of these as soon as they are in stock at rcmodelz. My friends got the dragon hammer V2 and iv had a bash with it a few times. They are extremely tough and well made.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Tug said:

It's good to see it running, but some up to date info would have been good. Plus some shots with the lid off. 

Nice find. 

What kind of info do you want dude? I can try find out.

There is a tiny bit more info in the vids description....plus their is some pics on this thread with the lid off ...look up!

I'll try find more for you

Edited by Fly In My Soup

I admit, I didn't read down in the description, but I know they were struggling with reliability of the ESC during testing. Have they stayed with the 680kv motor? On 12S, I'd reckon that 500kv would've been the absolute max kv. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Tug said:

I admit, I didn't read down in the description, but I know they were struggling with reliability of the ESC during testing. Have they stayed with the 680kv motor? On 12S, I'd reckon that 500kv would've been the absolute max kv. 

They now recommend running this voltz on 8s...but yeah same motor 74/120 680kv

Reasons mentioned to myself where reliability over extreme performance, and safety concerns over using 12s on such a large rig......

Although I'm under the assumption it should still take 12s.....but you won't hear that from FiD I don't think......

Would love to see this with a MGM in it........... I only need one kidney right????

The Losi SBR comes with a max6, but is recommended for 6S only. So the same here really. 

I am now wondering how long before we here of someone being injured in a public park by a wayward large-scale machine? Leccy or IC won't matter, they're both capable of serious speeds. 

Nice machine though, and with few weaknesses that I've heard of. 

55 minutes ago, Fly In My Soup said:

They now recommend running this voltz on 8s...but yeah same motor 74/120 680kv

Reasons mentioned to myself where reliability over extreme performance, and safety concerns over using 12s on such a large rig......

Although I'm under the assumption it should still take 12s.....but you won't hear that from FiD I don't think......

Would love to see this with a MGM in it........... I only need one kidney right????

12s is way over powered anyway, the tyres cannot maintain grip. Those MGM powered rigs are awesome but watch the videos, they can barely maintain any kind of traction.

28 minutes ago, mond said:

12s is way over powered anyway, the tyres cannot maintain grip. Those MGM powered rigs are awesome but watch the videos, they can barely maintain any kind of traction.

Yeah, but that's the same as the big bore engines that people are fitting. With a decent Tx, a quick adjustment to the end-point and it becomes manageable. But then why bother with high power set-ups? Because we can I suppose. 

I do like this and hope it comes to market, out of my reach, but still good for the hobby.