• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Stadium Trucks. ?

MuntyScruntfundle

Hi there.

I'm looking at stadium trucks.  Are they sometimes called Truggies?  I'm guessing these odd looking things bridge the gap between the short course trucks and the true buggies?

I'd like to get one to test and try out then sell on, but I'm not sure I can own something that looks so ridiculous!  Does anyone know of a source of bodies that 'fit' better than the standard?  Something that doesn't look like a squashed van with cartoon wheels?  I know these things are what they are, but honestly, urgh!!  ;o)

Really confused by what youre asking here? To me a Stadium Truck is a 2wd 1/10th scale. A Truggy is a 1/8th 4WD, and overall the best all round off road RC money can buy. 

Whats your budget? Although if youre dead set against how they look why are you bothering? It would be like me buying a Scaler or Crawler even though I dont like them?

41 minutes ago, Guns said:

Really confused by what youre asking here? To me a Stadium Truck is a 2wd 1/10th scale. A Truggy is a 1/8th 4WD, and overall the best all round off road RC money can buy

+1

Both opened wheeled off road 

Truggies are a cross between a buggy and a monster truck, as guns said, almost always in 1/8 scale, Think buggy chassis with MT arms and wheels (equal width front and rear, large diameter) and you're not far off

Truggy

803622d1315098755-mugen-mbx6t-truggy-tru

attachment.php?attachmentid=36677&stc=1&

Stadium trucks are usually 1/10 scale, open wheeled, and rwd 2wd, think a short course truck with a narrow chassis and more MT style wheels ( in design, not diameter )

S.Trucks

TT-R6571-F071-lg.jpg

81+wxpRffaL._SX355_.jpg

Both can look nice with the right setup / styling, most bashers skip the ST category and aim for the truggies, as has been said, very versatile rigs, they make great bashers as they're tough as old boots......I even turned a truggy into an ATV recently!!

I'll just correct a little folks.   1/8 truggy has a longer chassis (and thus wheelbase) than a 1/8 buggy.  To me ST - Stadium truck, and truggy are cosmetically very similar and there's certainly been some water muddying over the years- I'd agree that stadium truck suggests more 2wd 1:10 and truggy 4WD with a wing, in any scale.

There are some nice looking truggy bodies, especially in 1/8, many of the 1/10 one's, particularly the race orientated bodies, do look a little pug nosed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, capri-boy said:

There are some nice looking truggy bodies, especially in 1/8, many of the 1/10 one's, particularly the race orientated bodies, do look a little pug nosed.

I don't like cab forward bodies for truggies, I understand why the racers use them but boy....they fugly!

I have a losi 8ight truggy in the for sale section if you want to try one! You wont turn back for bashing, nothing beats a truggy!