• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Traxxas E-Revo 2.0 Thread

1 hour ago, Bix said:

What gearing are you running just out of interest? Cheers ??

Can't remember, but I'm running an 1800kv, geared approximately 24/58. That's high, and I'd need to double check, but I think that's it. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tug said:

Can't remember, but I'm running an 1800kv, geared approximately 24/58. That's high, and I'd need to double check, but I think that's it. 

Still useful info, I was just gonna up the pinion 2-3 teeth to 17 or 18 so a bit more conservative ? I reckon it shouldn’t cause too much more heat ??

6 hours ago, Bix said:

Still useful info, I was just gonna up the pinion 2-3 teeth to 17 or 18 so a bit more conservative ? I reckon it shouldn’t cause too much more heat ??

If sticking to 4S, then no, that won't be a problem. Mine also runs a Dusty Motors shroud and stays inside the safe limits for the motor. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

picked up my E-Revo today from my local shop Tjd Models checked it over including servo ends went straight to my favourite place near ashford kent and am really impressed with the car I think that if anyone can one then they should. Traxxas have created and master piece.

IMG_1847.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I was out with my REVO on Sunday and started hearing a noise which sounded like a bearing, then the next pass at full speed and flat out the motor locked up and it did multiple front flips, turns out the rotor magnets broke away and caused the motor to lock up, also stripped down the whole truck to use the opportunity to check it over and clean everything. Turns out both diff ring gears have a tooth missing, probably from where the motor locked up at full speed. So I’ve ordered a Hobbywing 2200kv and the ring and pinion gears are on back order. Also need a few new rod ends,rear body tower etc so £160 later and hopefully it will be back up to speed again. 

Have you cooked the motor? Been monitoring temps? I've had a Kyosho motor shed its magnets, and that had never ran hot. 

The diffs still considered an improvement? Probably not perfect!

3 hours ago, Tug said:

Have you cooked the motor? Been monitoring temps? I've had a Kyosho motor shed its magnets, and that had never ran hot. 

The diffs still considered an improvement? Probably not perfect!

not sure if the motor overheated or the magnets just came unattached and failed, i dont think this new motor from traxxas is as good as castle as i never used to have problems with my old savage flux and revo brushless which both got as much if not more abused than this truck.

i think the diffs are much stronger for sure but i think when the motor locked up at full speed it must have taken a tooth off each ring gear.

traxxas have non in stock so modelsport said i could be waiting a while. 

The Hobbywing should serve you well, good kit. 

I still think Castle motors are up there, but their prices reflect that. 

Yeah, a sudden stop can be all it takes, particularly at speed. 

Do the V1 RPM arms fit the V2? Could the V1 true-track fit the V2?

Got the Hobbywing motor through today. Seems like a well made motor so hopefully holds up to more abuse than the traxxas labeled motor did. 

Just waiting on both diff ring and pinion gear sets now which are out of stock everywhere including traxxas US ☹️

There is a German website listing the ring and pinion as in stock. www.rc-multistore.de

Oh and I'm running the Hobbywing 4274 motor in my E-revo and it's been fine.

Edited by masch.tab
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tug said:

You can select "training mode" on Traxxas vehicles, that'll reduce power to 50%, but it'll still be pretty quick. How good of a driver is he?

I thought that was only on brushed models? Could be wrong though

On 17/07/2018 at 22:09, Chris_torx said:

So I was out with my REVO on Sunday and started hearing a noise which sounded like a bearing, then the next pass at full speed and flat out the motor locked up and it did multiple front flips, turns out the rotor magnets broke away and caused the motor to lock up, also stripped down the whole truck to use the opportunity to check it over and clean everything. Turns out both diff ring gears have a tooth missing, probably from where the motor locked up at full speed. So I’ve ordered a Hobbywing 2200kv and the ring and pinion gears are on back order. Also need a few new rod ends,rear body tower etc so £160 later and hopefully it will be back up to speed again. 

That's heat! Thee motors got that hot, the glues/lamination has come off the back of the magnets...

That's something most overlook....when the ambient temps are high outside in summer, running a motor fan is a must...I even pop one on the castle motor in summer, not that it ever gets past warm, but better to keep it nice and cool

1 hour ago, Fly In My Soup said:

That's heat! Thee motors got that hot, the glues/lamination has come off the back of the magnets...

That's something most overlook....when the ambient temps are high outside in summer, running a motor fan is a must...I even pop one on the castle motor in summer, not that it ever gets past warm, but better to keep it nice and cool

Turns out traxxas are going to cover it under warranty if I have proof or purchase but I bought it off nevergrowingup on here and he’s not replying to my messages about sending the receipt through ?

anyone help me out with a receipt through email I can use?

cheers

chris

2 hours ago, Chris_torx said:

Turns out traxxas are going to cover it under warranty if I have proof or purchase but I bought it off nevergrowingup on here and he’s not replying to my messages about sending the receipt through ?

anyone help me out with a receipt through email I can use?

cheers

chris

PMd

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone run Deans on their Revo? I'm finding that mine drops looses connection every now and then, usually after a jump. The ESC/motor is drawing quite some current and I think the Deans (genuine Deans too) are not up to the task of facilitating such current. The batteries are more than suitable at 60C each. The last run, the 2 Deans plugs fused together some how ? So I'm thinking of swapping the powerful cars over to something else.

Any ideas of why this may be happening? This is only on 4S too! Didn't dare try on 6S after the fusion happened!

Edited by Euphoria

1 hour ago, Euphoria said:

Does anyone run Deans on their Revo? I'm finding that mine drops looses connection every now and then, usually after a jump. The ESC/motor is drawing quite some current and I think the Deans (genuine Deans too) are not up to the task of facilitating such current. The batteries are more than suitable at 60C each. The last run, the 2 Deans plugs fused together some how ? So I'm thinking of swapping the powerful cars over to something else.

Any ideas of why this may be happening? This is only on 4S too! Didn't dare try on 6S after the fusion happened!

Switch to EC5s mate

1 hour ago, Euphoria said:

Definitely genuine? Could be a poor hobby. 

I use deans on 6s regularly, I found that the genuine ones are all good....the non genuine ones will melt if you so much as breath at them.

That being said, the design is flawed, so now you have the opportunity you may as well swap them out for upgraded connectors.

P.s. beware eBay sellers listing connectors are 'genuine' as I've seen 'fake' xt60, deans etc etc being sold as the real deal but clearly they're not

I've bought some XT90 connectors to replace the Deans.

The Deans plugs I've been using have been from the same store for years now. Always worked perfectly until now. My friend's Revo is doing exactly the same thing too so I can only think it's the amount of draw going through them.