• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Desert Fox Owners Thread

I’ll be raiding the spare parts box as much as possible. Don’t want to spend much on it. Cheap and cheerful is the way. :yes:

Did order a couple of clear spare body sets for it. At just over 3 quid each well worth it. :yes:

John

Edited by johninderby

18 minutes ago, johninderby said:

I’ll be raiding the spare parts box as much as possible. Don’t want to spend much on it. Cheap and cheerful is the way. :yes:

Did order a couple of clear spare body sets for it. At just over 3 quid each well worth it. :yes:

John

Yes went to order a couple myself but were saying out of stock when I went to pay , there was one showing left in stock yesterday but the postage was more than the body so left it for now , will see how it fits together and might make some out of another material , well that’s the thought .

waiting on postman dropping mine off, also got the clear tray thing coming as well, first plan is to fit a smaller pinion to try prevent the bad cogging

2 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

If anyone bought a few and wants to offload one, let me know... Didn't even see them or I would have grabbed one for the niece!

same :lol:

Quick test run around the back garden and well pleased. :thumbsup:

Ran very smoothly with no cogging under normal running. Even when trying to creep along slowly at the lowest speed possible there was hardly any cogging at all. Certainly not a problem.

Tyres are a bit hard but seemed OK on grass and paved areas. Will have to try some softer tyres.

Running a Floureon 2s 5200mah 30C hardcase LiPo.

John

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Quick test run around the back garden and well pleased. :thumbsup:

Ran very smoothly with no cogging under normal running. Even when trying to creep along slowly at the lowest speed possible there was hardly any cogging at all. Certainly not a problem.

Tyres are a bit hard but seemed OK on grass and paved areas. Will have to try some softer tyres.

Running a Floureon 2s 5200mah 30C hardcase LiPo.

John

cool, read quite a bit online and they moan about bloody cogging, they seem to share quite a few parts with the ftx range such as front end of a outlaw or looks very similar, i guess there a bit wider though, still no post!

Wow £40 for a rtr WHHHat. 1ten scale aswel mental i wish i saw them. I bet some brought 3 lol. I wonder if hobbyking took a loss per sale and how much. Or if they still made a profit on it. 

I saw the basher bad bug listed when i looked at over £100 that wasnt on sale lol. Is the sale over now then? Was everything must go i hope they not closing the uk warehouse.

1 hour ago, johninderby said:

Short vid of cogging test of Desert Fox. As you can see cogging is not a problem/  :thumbsup:

Total including the Floureon LiPo was under 46 quid. Now that’s what I call cheap and cheerful.  :D

John

cool, much better than i was expecting, still waiting on mine lol, should be here soon, same size as a slash yeah?

3 minutes ago, just rolling said:

cool, much better than i was expecting, still waiting on mine lol, should be here soon, same size as a slash yeah?

Desert Fox

Specs:
Length: 530mm
Width: 290mm
Height: 180mm
Wheelbase: 325mm

Slash

Height (Overall): 8.425 inches (214mm)

Length: 22.36 inches (568mm)

Wheelbase: 13.2 inches (335mm)

Width: 11.65 inches (296mm)

• Like 1