• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What Is Your Occupation *2018 Edition*

RegisteredUser

• 1 year later...

Retired close to 4 years ago, before that I was ''in charge of supply and logistics'' for Asia, for everything that the property developer I used to work for would import from Asia, a position I got purely due to local knowledge and cronyism.

Edited by Grogg

Im still driving wagons, i used to love the job but not anymore, i was driving Artics but i drive smaller stuff these days in fact im waiting on a new 12 ton rigid to arrive, a Daf LF. This new truck will see me out to my retirement in about 7 years

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 14/02/2018 at 12:36, RegisteredUser said:

This seems like a good first topic for me. I searched the forum for one and found one that was made in 2011. I think a new one is in order!

I've worked for Crossrail for the past 5+ years as a 'Survey Assistant'. I've probably met over 1000 people on the project. But not one of them was into RC. Not surprising but still a little sad. My job doesn't pay too well. However combined with my living situation (living with relatives and sharing bills), I get by rather nicely. If I wasn't a big saver, I could spend £500 per month on the hobby and sometimes I do, haha! Funnily enough, I don't actually have a lot to show for the money I've spent. Turns out that crashing is costly!

What do you do for a living and how does it effect the hobby for you? As a nursing student, the journey is challenging yet rewarding. Balancing intense studies with clinical practice tests resilience and commitment. Reflective journaling, as suggested by  https://www.nursingpaper.com/our-services/nursing-reflective-journal/ is invaluable for personal and professional growth, allowing us to process experiences and evolve into compassionate, competent nurses ready to make a difference in patients’ lives.

driver and univ student

Edited by yujik111